• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Toyo AT3 285/75/R17 (34”)
KMC Hatchet 17 +25mm

IMG_1642.jpeg
Came for fitment pics, leaving satisfied :clap:

Crash bars had to be cut, cab side pinch weld was flattened.
Do you think these changes were a function of going with a 75-series over the stock 70-series?
Also, what are the width of the KMCs?

From my research, looks like +25 is the right offset to get the tire to the fender edge, and that stock sizing & stock width should eliminate the need for the body mods.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I do like the stance.

Not sure there was a width change since that 285 number is the width spec of both tires 285mm wide. Looks like your height jumped a full 1" inch to 1.1".

I too had issues with the Toyo Open country in the wet on past trucks.
Which is why I later tried several other brands before settling on the Falkens which I have on my other trucks including my Bronco, but to get the size I was looking for on the Ranger Raptor, I am trying a 295/70R17 Yokohama, which I had seen comments on my tire and wheel thread on the forum here, that the Yokohama tire choice that I had made indicating it too might be a poor performer in the rain as well. Which we do get rain and snow and ice all the seasons here.

Which if it is bad in rain, I am sure I will change them to something else or just run the stock tires on my +30 rims and try that combo for a while.
I am mainly after a similar stance to yours, for me it is all about the stance I want. I chickened out last minute on the 305/70R17 I was originally going to order.

Which I know I like a 305 width a lot, but that extra bump in height to that same 33.8 your setup has would have really been pushing the limits of rather I would clear them without cutting anything. Your post here has pretty well confirmed I made the right call to stop at the 295/70R17 if there is any chance of clearing them without cutting anything and still ending up with the stance I am after.

My new tire is a 33.3 where the stock is a 32.7, so I am only picking up 1/2 inch in diameter 1/4" in height. I am not expecting to have to make any modifications to clear my planned setup with 33.3 diameter on a +30-offset rim. I would sure think there would be enough clearance to handle that 1" bump out with the tire and wheel combo for the stance and only 1/4" in height.

But I will have to see, I already have my setup ready to go on the truck soon as the dang truck gets delivered which is supposed to be any day now.

Thanks again for sharing your pics of your wheel and tire setup, always find this type of post very helpful when looking at different wheel and tire project/builds.

OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
Do you think these changes were a function of going with a 75-series over the stock 70-series?
Also, what are the width of the KMCs?

I do think that has eveything to do with that height change. The KMC at a 17x9. These 285/75 are ideal on an 8.5 according to Toyo. So that might add into this equation as well. Either +25 or +30 I feel are going to be ideal offsets for this truck. Still need to cycle full travel but smashed some curb entries running to get dinner last night and no rub. Mojave trip this weekend will be a good test.

OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
I do like the stance.

Not sure there was a width change since that 285 number is the width spec of both tires 285mm wide. Looks like your height jumped a full 1" inch to 1.1".

I too had issues with the Toyo Open country in the wet on past trucks.
Which is why I later tried several other brands before settling on the Falkens which I have on my other trucks including my Bronco, but to get the size I was looking for on the Ranger Raptor, I am trying a 295/70R17 Yokohama, which I had seen comments on my tire and wheel thread on the forum here, that the Yokohama tire choice that I had made indicating it too might be a poor performer in the rain as well. Which we do get rain and snow and ice all the seasons here.

Which if it is bad in rain, I am sure I will change them to something else or just run the stock tires on my +30 rims and try that combo for a while.
I am mainly after a similar stance to yours, for me it is all about the stance I want. I chickened out last minute on the 305/70R17 I was originally going to order.

Which I know I like a 305 width a lot, but that extra bump in height to that same 33.8 your setup has would have really been pushing the limits of rather I would clear them without cutting anything. Your post here has pretty well confirmed I made the right call to stop at the 295/70R17 if there is any chance of clearing them without cutting anything and still ending up with the stance I am after.

My new tire is a 33.3 where the stock is a 32.7, so I am only picking up 1/2 inch in diameter 1/4" in height. I am not expecting to have to make any modifications to clear my planned setup with 33.3 diameter on a +30-offset rim. I would sure think there would be enough clearance to handle that 1" bump out with the tire and wheel combo for the stance and only 1/4" in height.

But I will have to see, I already have my setup ready to go on the truck soon as the dang truck gets delivered which is supposed to be any day now.

Thanks again for sharing your pics of your wheel and tire setup, always find this type of post very helpful when looking at different wheel and tire project/builds.
I know there has been so much chat on here about offsets and tire sizes. I would call the work done pretty standard clearing slightly larger tires. That being said. 285/75 or 295/70 Load C will be an ideal increase in size, without increase per wheel weight all that much. Unless you plan to a Bed Camper (GFC or something of sort with a camping payload), no reason to take on the additional weight. This is no pointed at you but just another piece of feedback for folks using this to make their decisions on aftermarket spec.

The stance of it is ideal and super happy with it. I am going to be working with Camburg Engineering on aftermarket kits for this truck. Perch Collars are the first on this list to add some preload and increase ride height UNTIL we develop an air bump slapper arm kit for this truck. By that time, King should have aftermarket 2.5 or maybe even 3.0 if they can fit (the rear is the concern for 3.0 clearance) and more important the ECU Module for the LiveValve stem so drive modes still function. Once that starts, I will plan to document the testing and give y'all timeline on productions and feedback on the kits. The truck gets on the lift there in 2 weeks

If anyone else wants more specfic "stance" photos just drop a comment and ill snag what you are looking for when I break out the camera this evening

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I know there has been so much chat on here about offsets and tire sizes. I would call the work done pretty standard clearing slightly larger tires. That being said. 285/75 or 295/70 Load C will be an ideal increase in size, without increase per wheel weight all that much. Unless you plan to a Bed Camper (GFC or something of sort with a camping payload), no reason to take on the additional weight. This is no pointed at you but just another piece of feedback for folks using this to make their decisions on aftermarket spec.

The stance of it is ideal and super happy with it. I am going to be working with Camburg Engineering on aftermarket kits for this truck. Perch Collars are the first on this list to add some preload and increase ride height UNTIL we develop an air bump slapper arm kit for this truck. By that time, King should have aftermarket 2.5 or maybe even 3.0 if they can fit (the rear is the concern for 3.0 clearance) and more important the ECU Module for the LiveValve stem so drive modes still function. Once that starts, I will plan to document the testing and give y'all timeline on productions and feedback on the kits. The truck gets on the lift there in 2 weeks

If anyone else wants more specfic "stance" photos just drop a comment and ill snag what you are looking for when I break out the camera this evening
Thanks !
I would love to see some pics of the areas you had to modify to clear your setup.
Would like to see how much and what the areas you had to trim.

Well, I really wanted at least some bump in tire width, so I settled for the 295/70s but based on a lot of hours researching tires and specs, I was not able to find anything wider then a 285 in a load C 6 ply tire, which I was specifically trying to avoid having to jump up to heavy 10 ply load range E.

But in the end, I went with the 10 ply load range Es to get the width bump I was after.

I do plan to have my headache rack and crossover toolbox and from time to time a portable 50-gallon diesel tank will get hauled to the coop for some offroad diesel tractor fuel. So my payload limits might get exceeded once in while. LOL Those 10 ply tires might not be such a bad thing for me.

Some brands in the 295 or 305 tires I was researching were even bumping up to load range F.
I could get back to lighter load ranges if I went on up even larger like a 315 but pickings were pretty slim in the 33-34 height 295-305 width range.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
I dig it! So does the factory TPMS not swap out to aftermarket wheels? (Sorry coming from the Toyota world and they do)

OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
I dig it! So does the factory TPMS not swap out to aftermarket wheels? (Sorry coming from the Toyota world and they do)
They would swap just fine. Wanted to keep the factory wheel / tire setup as is. So bought a new set for the new wheel & tire setup

Zangor

First Name
Zangor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT FX4

Great looking truck.
Not to give you more work, but as a wheel/tire novice, how did you know what to order prior the install?

if I wanted to put your rims on my stock 24’ XLT, would I have offset issues?
Also- I’m assuming I could maybe fit up to a 32” tire on the stock suspension?

this is all so complicated but your truck looks great and id like to replicate the look on my XLT without fender flares or a lift

Sponsored
OP
OP

LABikeWrench

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor (Azure)
Great looking truck.
Not to give you more work, but as a wheel/tire novice, how did you know what to order prior the install?

if I wanted to put your rims on my stock 24’ XLT, would I have offset issues?
Also- I’m assuming I could maybe fit up to a 32” tire on the stock suspension?

this is all so complicated but your truck looks great and is like to replicate the look on my XLT without fender flares or a lift
Did some heavy research on what the Aussies were doing and made the best call for what my needs are going to be.

I haven’t even seen another Ranger yet other than my Raptor I took delivery of Monday.

I would recommend digging around on YouTube for guys down in Australia that built their Wildtraks or any non-Raptor. I would hate to steer you wrong without myself doing much research on non-Raptor Rangers.

Zangor

First Name
Zangor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT FX4
Did some heavy research on what the Aussies were doing and made the best call for what my needs are going to be.

I haven’t even seen another Ranger yet other than my Raptor I took delivery of Monday.

I would recommend digging around on YouTube for guys down in Australia that built their Wildtraks or any non-Raptor. I would hate to steer you wrong without myself doing much research on non-Raptor Rangers.
This was helpful. Thank you! I’ll start there
Sponsored