• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery

mcp206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger
Does anyone know if the dealership able to add things like the tow package and locking real differential at a later time after I have received my truck? I did not order my truck with all of these additions and want to know if the dealer is able to add them down the road.
I'm also wondering if they'd be able to the integrated bed side step as well, but not sure since it seems to be built into the bumper. I regret not choosing this when I originally placed my order.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Yes and no They can do the tow package with the receiver and the plugs but it going to cost you way more than the package from the factory. The diff would be really expense and it might need a whole new axle. Bedside step would need a whole new box and the extra stuff for the step...that would be really expensive.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
My dealership said they could add anything I missed and would honor the factory price. The only caveat was that they would have to charge me installation labor.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Yes and no They can do the tow package with the receiver and the plugs but it going to cost you way more than the package from the factory. The diff would be really expense and it might need a whole new axle. Bedside step would need a whole new box and the extra stuff for the step...that would be really expensive.
So the integrated boxstep is not part of the bumper. Maybe someone could post some pictures of the backside of the step and let us know exactly how the factory attached it.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
The part numbers for the bedside step are below. The question is whether the trucks without the bedside step option have the holes for it already in the frame/bed or not. I haven’t been able to get a definitive answer yet from any one.
  • Body Side Step - Right —> Part #N1WZ6020040A
  • Body Side Step - Left —> Part #N1WZ6020041A

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
The part numbers for the bedside step are below. The question is whether the trucks without the bedside step option have the holes for it already in the frame/bed or not. I haven’t been able to get a definitive answer yet from any one.
I would think all the holes would be there because if they weren't that means lots of re-programing for all the different frames. Also it's not just a matter of putting those parts on, you are also going to have to cut the bed or get a whole new box with the cut outs already there. The option at the factory was the cheap option...after the fact will cost way more than what it was at factory.

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I think you are confusing factory options with dealer options.
I’m sure your dealer has no problem offering you Ford branded accessories such as a tonneau cover or trailer hitch.
But factory options such as limited-slip, 2.7L engine, integrated box step, upgraded sound system, are not able to be installed by the dealer after delivery.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I would think all the holes would be there because if they weren't that means lots of re-programing for all the different frames. Also it's not just a matter of putting those parts on, you are also going to have to cut the bed or get a whole new box with the cut outs already there. The option at the factory was the cheap option...after the fact will cost way more than what it was at factory.
Your first sentence is my assumption as well, but just haven’t been able to see definitively yet.

The rest you lost me on. Why would you have to cut the bed? Assuming the holes are there, I would guess it’s a matter of removing the plastic piece currently there and replacing it with the bedside step plastic portion. It’s not painted sheet metal in that spot for any of the trucks.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Your first sentence is my assumption as well, but just haven’t been able to see definitively yet.

The rest you lost me on. Why would you have to cut the bed? Assuming the holes are there, I would guess it’s a matter of removing the plastic piece currently there and replacing it with the bedside step plastic portion. It’s not painted sheet metal in that spot for any of the trucks.
Didn't really look at mine so I just assumed it was sheet metal. So yes no cutting.

Sponsored

tpack424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger
I am looking to add the box step after the fact as well. A Ford OEM parts manufacturer sent me the following diagram for the step parts. Looks like it should be doable.

Ford Ranger Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.32.47 AM

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I am looking to add the box step after the fact as well. A Ford OEM parts manufacturer sent me the following diagram for the step parts. Looks like it should be doable.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.32.47 AM.png
Please report back if it works for you or not.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I took these pics under the drivers side rear fender area of an STX that does not have the bed step. Based on @jedadiah pics of the front that they posted with the step and my front pic without the step, it looks like the same bolts/holes exist in the frame for both. However, I didn’t take a pic at the same angle as them on the back so that one remains inconclusive unless someone else can take a picture of their non-step truck on the back. It at least looks promising that it could be added later. I included pics of how it’s bolted in the wheel well too.

Front of non-step STX:
Ford Ranger Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery EE006C1E-88CD-470F-9248-165263ED1A22

Comparison side by side with bolts circled:
Ford Ranger Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery 114FCD77-8280-4399-919B-DB11707EE4DA

Back of non-step STX (not good angle):
Ford Ranger Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery C30ED3D5-A1F6-410F-8614-54FBAE83437C

Wheel well of non-step STX:
Ford Ranger Adding Options at Dealership After Delivery 89B8E0FC-D4AF-45A1-A4E4-3CF3C68A2DF3

Last edited: