• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Air Bag Suspension on 2024 Ranger

cptblasto

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT FX4
Long shot here, but has anyone attempted it yet? Curious if a 2023 kit like this would work or if the rear suspension has changed with the 2024 refresh. Currently stuck between a 2024 Canyon AT4 and a 2024 Ranger FX4 for my next ride and would need the air bag suspension either way for when I load my Scout camper. Leaning Ranger, but haven't seen much available yet for aftermarket on the 2024

Would also be immediately swapping to E rated tires... curious what size I could get up to without a front suspension kit. Figured something like 285/65R18 maybe? Not sure what max was with the factory 21'-23's. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Curiosity question... why go with load E tires? Using the Falken Wildpeaks I have on my 5g, the LT285/70R17 Load C max load is 2755lbs @ 50psi. Load E max load is 3640lbs @ 80psi. Following through with the load C, that means the 2 tires on the rear can have 5510lbs between the two of them. From what I can find online, the GAWR for the rear axle is 3370lbs. So even the load C tires are WAY overkill for the capability of the truck. Going to the load E tires just adds 26.4lbs of rotating weight, sucking down more fuel in city driving...

<Enter fuzzy math> Racing communities typically equate 1lb of rotating mass to 8lbs of static mass in regards to 1/4 mile accelerations, which we'll use to approximate the impact on city stop/go driving. Furthermore, the EPA says that 100lbs static is like a 2% fuel economy hit. So putting this together, running load E tires over the (already overkill load C) results in a 4.25% (additional) fuel economy hit in the city. My truck gets about 18mpg in city on 33s with a lift, so I'll just use that number as a baseline. That means that for every 100miles, I use 5.56gals. On load E tires, that would increase to 5.8gals, dropping my fuel economy to 17.25mpg. </fuzzy math>

Sure, load E tires are technically more puncture resistant with 10 ply instead of 6 ply, but if you're actually running at weight and at PSI, you're not going to be going over jagged rocks that would be puncture prone, so I don't really see that as a benefit.

gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer.
I plan to install air bags on the rear axle when I eventually get a 6G Ranger. I doubt the 23 kit will work on the 24 Ranger with the change in suspension geometry. I am sure it will not be long before a kit comes out for the 24 though. I will not be in the market for it until 2025, so that gives them plenty of time develop a kit for 25. If you find more information on it, please post about it.
Sponsored