• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Allocation question

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
Actually they did tell the dealers to order stock units. But the raptor info, that was asked to be kept provate, got leaked and many dealers ignored ford and put retail orders in anyway and made promises to customers. Looks like ford relented as it was my retail not stock order with my dealer that got pulled. We put one in each way due to the confusion and to be sure we were covered either way.

Dealers were given info but kept leaking details and pissed ford off. So ford got more tight lipped for a while.
There was confusion no doubt,But there was and still is a huge lack of knowledge by a vast majority of dealers. But trying to keep things private and secretive? For what benefit? What would you think the benefits for them that would be to keep this top secret and get pissed because it’s leaked lol… Are they selling top secret weapons or nukes? Come on man… they have absolutely no reason to hide anything from anyone we’re talking about a truck here. There’s no conspiracy.
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
There was confusion no doubt,But there was and still is a huge lack of knowledge by a vast majority of dealers. But trying to keep things private and secretive? For what benefit? What would you think the benefits for them that would be to keep this top secret and get pissed because it’s leaked lol… Are they selling top secret weapons or nukes? Come on man… they have absolutely no reason to hide anything from anyone we’re talking about a truck here. There’s no conspiracy.
They were trying to be fair for once and get every dealer, regardless of size or sales volume a Raptor version, but they wanted it as a stock order and not promised to customers. Dealers leaked this info and blew this up.

That and ignorant dealers not reading their ford communications and torching the process.

Ford has bungled the roll out , but the dealers fd it up too!

Dealers lying about more than one allocation or no allocation at all just trying to manipulate the consumer. The dealers own lots of blame on this.

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
That would have annoyed me beyond belief to have them all get a single stock order, only to have the majority of dealers (around here at least) keep it on the showroom with a hefty markup knowing the limited supply.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
That would have annoyed me beyond belief to have them all get a single stock order, only to have the majority of dealers (around here at least) keep it on the showroom with a hefty markup knowing the limited supply.
My dealer looked at this as a opportunity to sell me the truck for MSRP, so I could drive it around town for everyone to see it. As free advertising. The only request they had, was for me to leave their small vinyl sticker on the bottom corner of my back glass for 1 year.

OP
OP
Rhite95

Rhite95

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2014 Roush Mustang stage 3
Occupation
N/A
The dealer said I was the only one that asked about it and had no idea that they were allocated one.

Should I have them but in a/my order as retail or stock?

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
The dealer said I was the only one that asked about it and had no idea that they were allocated one.

Should I have them but in a/my order as retail or stock?
Retail. And go place your order immediately. Get a copy of your order and have the salesman and GM both sign it.
Sponsored