• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Allocation question

Rhite95

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2014 Roush Mustang stage 3
Occupation
N/A
Does every Ford dealer get a Ranger Raptor allocation?
Sponsored

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I have no idea. But I don't think so, not while supply is so limited.

I was wondering how they decided who gets the Raptor allocations from the 1st production? I've seen some dealers with them that are fairly small volume, so I don't think it's that.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Per Ford each dealer gets 1 Ranger Raptor allocation the first go round.
Unknown after that.

Rod239

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Manufacturer Supervisor
I've talked to a couple of Ford dealers here in PA and they haven't received their allocation for the ranger raptor yet.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Does every Ford dealer get a Ranger Raptor allocation?
Every dealer gets one initially. Once everyone has received their one, allocation will be based on a dealer's total sales, ranger sales, etc. The exact formula has not yet been indicated.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've talked to a couple of Ford dealers here in PA and they haven't received their allocation for the ranger raptor yet.
That just means ford hasn't indicated when their one raptor would be built. But they are entitled to their one at some point.

Or, like so many dealers, they have no idea what they're talking about. It's sickening how incompetent many dealers and their staffs are.

NEPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma; 1966 Mustang Fastback
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Unfortunately BT is correct. Back in June I made contact with every Ford dealer east of Pittsburgh. I live in Bloomsburg. I found three that were willing to sell me a RR at MSRP. Tuncannock Ford, Selinsgrove Ford, and the third is where I placed my order. Tuncannock and Selinsgrove already had their one order accounted for.

The remaining dealers wanted an average of 5k markup. Lowest was $2500, highest was $25k.

When they’re saying “we haven’t received our allocation” it means they don’t physically have it or don’t know how to order it. It’s incompitancy more than anything I believe.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
I’m sure they have. They all get one. They just want to get the truck and mark it up. So they don’t want to commit to one person. They want to sell the truck to the highest bidder.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp

Westyside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Taco
It's sickening how incompetent many dealers and their staffs are.
To their defense, the only thing Ford Corporate has been consistent with is their inconsistency with how they release allocations for new, in demand models. They bungled the release of pretty much every new model - Bronco, Lightning, Maverick, etc. Why would you be surprised that they would do it again?

Even 48 hours prior to Ranger Raptor order banks opening Ford still had not announced even to their dealers how they were planning to handle allocations. Online Order Banks? In Person Order Banks, Stock Only Order Banks... none of that was communicated well.

Sponsored

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
To their defense, the only thing Ford Corporate has been consistent with is their inconsistency with how they release allocations for new, in demand models. They bungled the release of pretty much every new model - Bronco, Lightning, Maverick, etc. Why would you be surprised that they would do it again?

Even 48 hours prior to Ranger Raptor order banks opening Ford still had not announced even to their dealers how they were planning to handle allocations. Online Order Banks? In Person Order Banks, Stock Only Order Banks... none of that was communicated well.
Not gonna defend Ford at all. But way back when they announced the upcoming 6G Ranger, they talked about the Ranger Raptor and they did say that each and every dealer would get one Ranger Raptor allocation. But they didn’t inform the dealers on if they should put the orders in stock or retail. But if the dealers know what they are doing then they would have placed the orders retail. But not all dealers know what they are doing. In fact I’d be willing to bet that most of us know more about the truck and the ordering process that most of the dealers/salesmen

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
my Dealership in PA has, I know because I have a build date

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
my Dealership in PA has, I know because I have a build date
Wags,

I think he’s being told that by some shady dealers, they want the truck to arrive and sell it to the highest bidder. Without anyone having dibs, They don’t want to sell their one and only allocation and not be able to maximize their profits

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not gonna defend Ford at all. But way back when they announced the upcoming 6G Ranger, they talked about the Ranger Raptor and they did say that each and every dealer would get one Ranger Raptor allocation. But they didn’t inform the dealers on if they should put the orders in stock or retail. But if the dealers know what they are doing then they would have placed the orders retail. But not all dealers know what they are doing. In fact I’d be willing to bet that most of us know more about the truck and the ordering process that most of the dealers/salesmen
Actually they did tell the dealers to order stock units. But the raptor info, that was asked to be kept provate, got leaked and many dealers ignored ford and put retail orders in anyway and made promises to customers. Looks like ford relented as it was my retail not stock order with my dealer that got pulled. We put one in each way due to the confusion and to be sure we were covered either way.

Dealers were given info but kept leaking details and pissed ford off. So ford got more tight lipped for a while.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wags,

I think he’s being told that by some shady dealers, they want the truck to arrive and sell it to the highest bidder. Without anyone having dibs, They don’t want to sell their one and only allocation and not be able to maximize their profits
100%
Sponsored