• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Anyone slanting towards the new 2024 Tacoma now?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My Tremor will be paid off come Feb 2025...was planning to get the new Ranger Tremor (and in hybrid) but as of now, looks like US is NOT going to get 1)Tremor trim..... 2) No hybrid engine. Foreign markets like Pacific/Asia are getting Wild Peak and plug-in hybrid. Raptor is overkill for me and frankly, $70K marked up dealer price for a mid size truck, is not my cuppa tea. The non Raptor trims look meh, imo.

As someone who uses the truck for work commute, gas milege is very important to me and living in CA means dealing with 'forever' $6/gallon pump prices. My current Tremor gets me 21mpg average with cheap gas. But small peeves are tiny rear seats, no rear vents, outdated interior, lack of current tech leaves a lot to be desired. The new gen mid size trucks, imo, are perfectly sized and future proof with new tech for the next 5 years at least.

I saw the new off-road Trim Taco released on most sites today and really really like it. Hybrid engine avaible by next year, good looks, new tech, appears Toyota will offer full 100k for the hybrid engines. Heck , my neighbor just bought the new TrailBoss Colorado and it looks so much better than Ranger (he said even the gas mileage is actually better than the specs).

I was really hoping that Ford would come out with a Tremor trim (and hybrid) for the 6th gen but with the current union situation, I don't see anything happening till the next 2-3 years and by then, they'll be well behind the competition.

OR I guess I can just keep my Tremor, put a 2" inch with 33's and call it a day ;).

Rant out.....
Taco's suck so if you like them go for it. But don't try to rationalize yur decision here please.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am not sure what I am buying next yet. I kind of waiting to sit in something before I buy.
Probably wont be a Taco though.
Nissan has got my attention.
I really want a 6 cyl this time and afraid it will be 3 years before Ford releases a Ranger with one. I do not want a Raptor.

I am sitting and enjoying my Ranger for now and waiting to see how they all play out.
If Ford wants to play this low volume high price stuff I will move on. I am not part of that got to have and fear of missing out generation.

Who knows I could end up buying something else for a while and driving it before Ford releases to the general public. Basically what I did with 5G.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Taco's suck so if you like them go for it. But don't try to rationalize yur decision here please.
I think it's a bit intellectually dishonest to say Tacos and GMs suck. They don't. All the next-gen trucks look competitive.

I understand not wanting to see a million posts about other trucks in a Ranger forum, but I think occasionally hearing perspective on other brands from non-fanboys of those trucks can be useful.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I think it's a bit intellectually dishonest to say Tacos and GMs suck. They don't. All the next-gen trucks look competitive.

I understand not wanting to see a million posts about other trucks in a Ranger forum, but I think occasionally hearing perspective on other brands from non-fanboys of those trucks can be useful.

Agreed. It helps me make a decision on what I want to buy next. I personally like trucks in general and do not mind talking about other trucks. Someone doesn't want to read about another truck pass on bye and do not read the thread.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
Same here. I've never owned my own truck, so no brand loyalty or fanboying from me. Honestly, until I took a serious look at the 5G Ranger I didn't expect to be going with Ford.

I do wonder what I might consider buying if something with my Ranger order fell through or I finally lost patience though.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I was just watching a video on the new 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter and they had a bar over the dash to cover the average MPGs. Well, the camera was moving around so I decided to go frame-by-frame to see and sure enough, they missed a spot!

Anyway, keeping in mind this is a Trailhunter with a 4 cyl hybrid engine on it. The gas mileage is abysmal. I don't believe this can possibly be the actual mileage but thought it was interesting none the less. (For those that can't see it clearly, it says 15.4 MPG average)

Ford Ranger Anyone slanting towards the new 2024 Tacoma now? Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.12.20 PM

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
I was just watching a video on the new 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter and they had a bar over the dash to cover the average MPGs. Well, the camera was moving around so I decided to go frame-by-frame to see and sure enough, they missed a spot!

Anyway, keeping in mind this is a Trailhunter with a 4 cyl hybrid engine on it. The gas mileage is abysmal. I don't believe this can possibly be the actual mileage but thought it was interesting none the less. (For those that can't see it clearly, it says 15.4 MPG average)

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.12.20 PM.png
That makes sense. I don't expect it to actually be some huge magical number. Looking at the TRD Tundra, the hybrid actually gets worse MPG.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.12.20 PM.png
Ya it would probably depend on what they had been doing, what mode they had it in and how they were driving. I mean my wife has a new 2024 Lexus UX250h hybrid that gets around 40mpg highway...if I put it in sport mode, drive it like crap and let it idle for hours like a demo maybe would...the mpg would suck too :)

I would definitely expect a hybrid to get much better mpg than that...especially considering its rated at 24 city and 30 hwy

LethalGuineaPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
No, the 24 Ranger is the only mid-sized truck with 48" between the wheel wells and of course the V6 offering is very nice where as the rest have all gone i4 sans the Frontier.

I intend to actually use the truck for hauling lumber, drywall, plywood, etc. When I had to build a platform to be able to carry 20 sheets of drywall on my 2020 it was not only annoying to have to do, but it wastes so much space just storing it. I don't live the mcmansion lifestyle of 3000sqft with 3 acres, storing this single purpose contraption eats up valuable storage.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Only if they have a twin turbo V6 would I consider

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
As has been said. I may have to go 4 cyl. short term and trade for a 2.7 when they have more availability.
Sponsored