• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bed crossbars at Stake Pocket Attachments

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Are there any bed rack systems on the market that mount directly into the stake pockets? I'm thinking about something like Billie Bars, but I'd prefer something that mounts directly to the stake pocket anchor points instead of clamping on.

Also, anyone know the loading capacities of the stake pocket mounting points? The owners manual doesn't seem to mention it.
Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
This supplemental guide that came with out trucks is mostly useless. There are no capacities listed even though it's in the title. The only useful bit of info is that if you bolt something to these spots, you should shim up even with the bedrail cap. so that the whatever you attach is bearing on the metal under the cap and not smashing the plastic cap, I guess.
Ford Ranger Bed crossbars at Stake Pocket Attachments IMG_5739

The RSI Smart Cap shows spacer blocks in its install instructions.
Ford Ranger Bed crossbars at Stake Pocket Attachments Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 16.34.53

Ford Ranger Bed crossbars at Stake Pocket Attachments Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 16.36.28

OP
OP

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Oh man, that RSI cap comes with alot of extra bed reinforcement. Doesn't look like they're relying on the structure of bed rail very much.