Sponsored

Dash scratches remedies

rrdowns

New Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
7
Location
KY
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
I scratched my dash on my 2026 Ranger XLT while vacuuming at a car wash. It’s on the honeycomb section just to the left of the gauges. Don’t notice it from drivers seat, but highly noticeable when entering the truck. Any suggestions I attached photos.

Ford Ranger Dash scratches remedies IMG_7927


Ford Ranger Dash scratches remedies IMG_7928
Sponsored

 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,637
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I would try 303 protectant to see if you can sorta buff out the scratches, if not maybe find something close to that color sharpie and cover them up.
 
OP
OP

rrdowns

New Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
7
Location
KY
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
I was thinking about the sharpie idea, but was afraid of making it look worse. I think it’s similar to a scratch on clear coat, if I could hide to color of the scratch , it wouldn’t show too much.
 

TurboRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Apr 10, 2025
Threads
21
Messages
247
Reaction score
200
Location
Oakley , Comifornia
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor Wife drives a 2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired Truck Mechanic
Tire shine ?
 

Sponsored
OP
OP

rrdowns

New Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
7
Location
KY
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
Tried the Sharpie idea, didn’t care for it. Black Sharpie leaves a slightly purple look on a dark gray surface.

Tried the CarGuys Plastic Restorer. The trick is to apply a heavy coat and let dry for 24 hr. That was the hard part, keeping my hands off for 24 hr.
So far, scratch is not visible.
Sponsored

 
 







Top