• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Factory Soft Tonneau Cover Fluttering

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for some advice on this -- when I drove the truck 10 hours home the fluttering wasn't too noticeable but there was some. However after having it home for a bit I removed the cover to haul a fridge and now that I reinstalled it, the wind fluttering/vibration seems to have gotten a lot worse.

Anyone know the optimal way to reinstall the soft cover from the factory so that it reduces the wind vibration? It seems Ford chose a budget option so there's very little info online about how to line up the install on the cab end. Some other soft covers seem to have tension bars that would remedy this, but not the ford approved cover. There are some rubber gaskets on both the bed and the topper, but no easy way to know how to align them to reduce wind vibration.
Sponsored

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
Mine is getting delivered today - hope this isn't a continuous problem. Do you have the low profile one or the one with clamps?

OP
OP

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is getting delivered today - hope this isn't a continuous problem. Do you have the low profile one or the one with clamps?
I have the tri-fold with the 4 clamps that you tighten.

The link did provide the installation instructions but not much info in there for fine-tuning it. What I'm attempting now is using duct-tape to cover any gaps that could be letting air in on the cab side. Haven't tested it yet but hoping it provides a bit of relief from the flapping.

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
Just put on my roll up (low profile) there are two tension adjustment screws at the front of the cover, maybe yours has those as well?

OP
OP

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put on my roll up (low profile) there are two tension adjustment screws at the front of the cover, maybe yours has those as well?
nope, sadly no tension adjusters on this one :(
Sponsored