• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford F 150 EV range extender patent

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The range extender would act as a generator, recharging the battery of the vehicle using a small motor.

It looks deceptively like a toolbox, but it could be used to increase the range of the upcoming electric F-150 pickup truck.

This disclosure details electrified vehicles that are equipped with removable generators for increasing the electric range of the vehicles. An exemplary electrified vehicle includes a cargo space, such as a truck bed, and a generator removably positioned within the cargo space. The generator is adapted to selectively supply power for either charging a battery pack of the electrified vehicle or for propelling one or more vehicle drive wheels. In some embodiments, the generator is shaped like, and therefore disguised as, a toolbox.

Ford Patents Range Extender That Could Go in F-150 Electric Pickup (caranddriver.com)

Ford Ranger Ford F 150 EV range extender patent ford-lead-1601942943
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F-150
Now we're talking. I have no aversion to an electric vehicle, but the range was the hold back as we use our vehicles for long road trips. This would take care of any extra miles we may need in a days run. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place for a charge when I was in the middle of nowhere USA. :)
Sponsored