• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
Hello to all, how your gen 2 ranger raptor have been on the reliability so far any known problems?
Almost 16.000Km and all is great, lot of off-road, even small jumps, trailer with horses and stuff, couldn't be more happy! I just need some more HPs and the beast is perfect
Sponsored

Digga

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Gen Ranger Sport
Occupation
Contractor
I love that car, it served me well for 5 years (except 2 broken transmissions and an engine replacement for water into a cilynder :facepalm:)
IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

With DIY full Rockford Fosgate sound system, 1300W+ RMS, that will be moved to the new one, it really punch in the guts :D
The gap behind the seat in the new gen rangers is a lot slimmer. I don’t think u will fit all that behind there. When I upgraded I had to sell my sub that went behind the seat and get one of those fibreglass boxes that go under the back seat in the tool box space

Kostas1346

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor gen 2
Occupation
Businessman
Almost 16.000Km and all is great, lot of off-road, even small jumps, trailer with horses and stuff, couldn't be more happy! I just need some more HPs and the beast is perfect
Nice, thanks for your reply

Sponsored

gjab

First Name
Giorgi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2023
Occupation
Company owner
Hi guys,

I got the jb4 for my "castrated" raptor.
They missed to put the Bluetooth module in the box so I am now running the map1.
It's just slightly noticeable.but running smoothly..
I will get the BT module within 1 week so then I can try also the higher maps.
The tech support told me also that they have an special map for European version. I should send them a log so they will adjust it accordingly and send me the individual map.

Will keep you updated

deeper

First Name
Hristo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Occupation
Superintendent electrical & electronics
Thanks man for the update!

SwIeTyY

First Name
Milosz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2023, Edge ST 2018
witam wszystkich, jestem bardzo zadowolony z mojego raptora, dźwięk wydechów to przyjemność, a pojazd technicznie spisuje się świetnie! tylko uwaga negatywna, silnik jest na niskim poziomie i słaby, dlatego potrzebujesz natychmiast pełnej mocy, miejmy nadzieję, że wkrótce.
182C9992-6959-4BF9-A1D7-6C3435B0E4DF.jpeg

What model of tent do you have and do you have an electric blind?

gjab

First Name
Giorgi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2023
Occupation
Company owner
After communication with jb4 I finally have set up the module.
They have a special update for European version.
I have logged some runs and sent to them.
As I also see in the logs, IMO the main reason for less power is not only less boost but also the pedal to throttle position ratio. From 3200-3500rpm
At 100% pedal position ECU is giving around 60% to the throttle.. (welcome to the digital world)
That's what jb4 guys also changed to positive (around 75%)

I am running now map 5 (+0.4-0.45bar) and got finally above 1 bar boost.

Map 5 officially is created for E30 fuel but in our lowered boost version I don't see any problem to run with 98 octane.

I don't have any HP or torque raise data but will also do a Dyno run in near future and report.

All in all I would recommend it as a piggyback option. The car definitely feels much more powerful especially at higher rpm where the stock raptor is really really poor at.

Sponsored

baxxter215

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor 2023
Occupation
IT
As I also see in the logs, IMO the main reason for less power is not only less boost but also the pedal to throttle position ratio. From 3200-3500rpm
At 100% pedal position ECU is giving around 60% to the throttle.. (welcome to the digital world)

Map 5 officially is created for E30 fuel but in our lowered boost version I don't see any problem to run with 98 octane.

I don't have any HP or torque raise data but will also do a Dyno run in near future and report.

All in all I would recommend it as a piggyback option. The car definitely feels much more powerful especially at higher rpm where the stock raptor is really really poor at.
https://www.ptronic.com/performance...aptor-twin-turbo-ecoboost-397.htm#prettyPhoto

alpes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Navara
Hello,
Is that the Lazer Triple-R 850 Elite set?
How is it? How is it wired?

Jesterton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M440i convertibe / Ford Ranger Raptor

sounds interesting!

I also got the JB4 installed a month ago soon as I got the same EU Ranger Raptor delivered.

With some log checks by Terry at Burger M-sport we went up to map 3 all good…. But on the map 4 we stumbled into some oscillations and not stable boost levels. Now I’m trying to figure out what the problem can be that differs the EU from the Global version.

You mentioned a specific europe update? Please tell me more about how your experience (also map4 problems?) and how you manage to go smoothly in map 5, sounds amazing 🤩
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning 24CB0FB9-CE7A-417C-B831-9632DBFDA738

gjab

First Name
Giorgi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2023
Occupation
Company owner
I had also the communication with Terry.. I think you have the same/updated software. V11.
You are right.. map3 works more stable.. I tried map 4 and 5 too .. you get more peak boost(around 16.5psi) and it seems also that the boost range is also bigger but it feels not healthy somehow.
I measured also 0-100 with map 5 and it was a (shabby) 8.7s it felt like the gearbox could not handle the boost or it was loosing it when shifting. I have an blow of installed this could be also an reason.will remove it and try again or compare map3-map5.

[email protected] that's my email.
Maybe we can share some logs and we can annoy Terry to do some more/better adjustments. 🙂

Jesterton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M440i convertibe / Ford Ranger Raptor
Yes it´s good to be able to compare data and experiences.

You are right, I already got the "aggresive throttle mode" ON, so we need to figure out what specific restrictions that makes the EU model sufficate on lower boost levels than stock Global versions.

About launch 0-100 I did a couple today with just a stop watch in rainiy conditions. I got most of them around 7,40 sec on map 3 which is my prefered map until the issues on higher map gets resolved. Stock EU version spec is 7,9 sec.

The mid 7s launch combined with my sensitive butt dyno makes some sense to that map 3 is some what half way in power to the US stock version(392). I would guess maybe 320-340hp? This on 98 octane RON.
Sponsored