• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next gen ranger raptor V6
Anyone had it fully confirmed regarding alterations to the exhaust? I’ve sent various emails to Barry at BPT but have yet to get a response!
Sponsored

EmilVJ

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Manager, crane and transports
Anyone had it fully confirmed regarding alterations to the exhaust? I’ve sent various emails to Barry at BPT but have yet to get a response!
Yes, the 500hp guy sendt me pics.
Im removing them anyway, can’t hurt with the tuning I already have. And then the car is ready for when someone else crams these ecu’s.
I really don’t want to pay double price for tuning and the company don’t even answers their customers. Just think of the headache you will have if you have problems with the car and the company never gets back to you.

also I’m pretty sure it’s stated on the webpage

they are also extremely easy access so it should be a easy job.
Here’s a pic of how easy you reach them when removing the inner moldings in the front… pics from when I swapped springs.
Two bolts on top two in the bottom
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning IMG_7242

Last edited:

Wojtek

First Name
Wojtek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0 2023
Im removing them anyway, can’t hurt with the tuning I already have. And then the car is ready for when someone else crams these ecu’s.
I really don’t want to pay double price for tuning and the company don’t even answers their customers. Just think of the headache you will have if you have problems with the car and the company never gets back to you.

Here’s a pic of how easy you reach them when removing the inner moldings in the front… pics from when I swapped springs.
IMG_7242.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg
the 527

IMG_7242.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg
527 hp, 763

IMG_7242.jpeg
527 hp, 763 Nm 👍🏼
Last dyno results.

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning IMG_7321

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor V6
the 527

527 hp, 763

527 hp, 763 Nm 👍🏼
Last dyno results.

IMG_7321.png
Hey Wojtek

First of all thank you for all the information you are providing
the 527

527 hp, 763

527 hp, 763 Nm 👍🏼
Last dyno results.

IMG_7321.png
Hey Wojtek,

First of all thank you for all the information you are providing.
I have a couple of questions.
If I were to proceed with the whole process with BPT and switch my ecu with the unlocked one plus cut out the ppfs, is there a way for ford to know that the ecu was changed/altered? (is it the same ecu used on the f150 and the ranger?).What has BPT said about this? I know for the ppfs if it's cut on the welds and welded back again no one would be able to tell the difference.

Also what other hardware did you change ? Did you add the fenix intercooler and wholesale automatic transmission trans cooler?

Thank you for your time.

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_7242.jpeg
Removing the GPF is the only alteration mate?

Sponsored

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Wojtek

Hey Wojtek,

If I were to proceed with the whole process with BPT and switch my ecu with the unlocked one plus cut out the ppfs, is there a way for ford to know that the ecu was changed/altered? (is it the same ecu used on the f150 and the ranger?).What has BPT said about this? I know for the ppfs if it's cut on the welds and welded back again no one would be able to tell the difference.

Also what other hardware did you change ? Did you add the fenix intercooler and wholesale automatic transmission trans cooler?

Thank you for your time.
This is my question too! I heard removal of the GPF flags on the ecu but how does this work with the BPT ecu?

Wojtek

First Name
Wojtek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0 2023
This is my question too! I heard removal of the GPF flags on the ecu but how does this work with the BPT ecu?
if you install the Australian ECU from BPT, you do not have to remove anything because the Australian program does not support GPF filters , i.e. it does not see it, just like the pressure sensors from the GPF filter.

Wojtek

First Name
Wojtek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0 2023
Hey Wojtek

Hey Wojtek,

Thank you for your time.
Hi Salty
when you install a new ECU, even with a different serial number, e.g. Australian one, you must assign your car's VIN number to it - perform PATS programming. Then the software of other components in the car sees that it is the correct ECU with your Vin. During normal service at the Ford service center, they probably won't notice it, I will know very soon because I'm going for an oil change. The ECU is different than in the F150 and Raptor, it will probably be the same in the Bronco Raptor.
What I replaced: Intercooler, larger air filters, blow off valve, and the ecu, of course.
For now, 527 hp, 763 Nm, but it will be better soon🙂
We are already better than Herods Performance and Hennessey Performance, they have 500 hp and 750 Nm.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor V6
Hi Salty
when you install a new ECU, even with a different serial number, e.g. Australian one, you must assign your car's VIN number to it - perform PATS programming. Then the software of other components in the car sees that it is the correct ECU with your Vin. During normal service at the Ford service center, they probably won't notice it, I will know very soon because I'm going for an oil change. The ECU is different than in the F150 and Raptor, it will probably be the same in the Bronco Raptor.
What I replaced: Intercooler, larger air filters, blow off valve, and the ecu, of course.
For now, 527 hp, 763 Nm, but it will be better soon🙂
We are already better than Herods Performance and Hennessey Performance, they have 500 hp and 750 Nm.
You are a legend! Thank you for this info. Please keep us updated about the service. What air filter did you go with ,Fabulous or process west?

Wojtek

First Name
Wojtek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0 2023
You are a legend! Thank you for this info. Please keep us updated about the service. What air filter did you go with ,Fabulous or process west?
Yes Fabulous.

Sponsored

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you install the Australian ECU from BPT, you do not have to remove anything because the Australian program does not support GPF filters , i.e. it does not see it, just like the pressure sensors from the GPF filter.
That’s great news wojtek. So you didn’t alter the exhaust at all then? Is the the new ecu custom tunable or can you only use the tunes that come on it? Thanks for all of your info here mate

Wojtek

First Name
Wojtek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0 2023
That’s great news wojtek. So you didn’t alter the exhaust at all then? Is the the new ecu custom tunable or can you only use the tunes that come on it? Thanks for all of your info here mate
I forgot, I also removed the GPF filter, of course, and left the factory catalytic converter. The ECU programs are created by BPT, I also removed the factory speed lock to 188 km/h
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning 1715002170506-o

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning 1715002214769-nk

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot, I also removed the GPF filter, of course, and left the factory catalytic converter. The ECU programs are created by BPT, I also removed the factory speed lock to 188 km/h
1715002170506-oj.jpg

1715002214769-nk.jpg
No issue with warnings on the dash after removing the GPF mate?

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor V6
No issue with warnings on the dash after removing the GPF mate?
After you replace the ecu with the new unlocked australian one (australian raptors dont have gpf) the ecu doesn't even look for a GPF in the car hence the removal and more horses.

Jmerr94

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After you replace the ecu with the new unlocked australian one (australian raptors dont have gpf) the ecu doesn't even look for a GPF in the car hence the removal and more horses.
Thanks mate!
Sponsored