• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor '23, Ford Ranger Wildtrack '17
Hi all! I'm happy owner of a new Raptor. It runs great but im looking to unlock full potential of that new engine.
Tune it like outside of EU. Does anyone done it? I know they put GPF and tune down the engine. Next week I will
make some DYNO runs and try tune it with some powerbox to see how much that GPF is cutting down the power.
If someone done it already pls let me know :)
Sponsored

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Hi all! I'm happy owner of a new Raptor. It runs great but im looking to unlock full potential of that new engine.
Tune it like outside of EU. Does anyone done it? I know they put GPF and tune down the engine. Next week I will
make some DYNO runs and try tune it with some powerbox to see how much that GPF is cutting down the power.
If someone done it already pls let me know :)
Awesome news!!!! Where are you? UK?

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah Poland. How do you find it? Good power etc?
Hi, I was just browsing web and found one at dealer 😎 Day before xmass I pick it up. Power is ok comparing to 3.2 diesel wildtrack 😉 Drive great espacially offroad ( faster You go smoother it rides 🤔) I called my tuning mate and thursday dyno time 😉

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
As an eager impatient U.S. buyer, I too am interested in your results of unlocking the mfg. parameters of powers that be. I had read elsewhere that the new 6gen would be locked in some manner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an eager impatient U.S. buyer, I too am interested in your results of unlocking the mfg. parameters of powers that be. I had read elsewhere that the new 6gen would be locked in some manner.
Yeap U.S. 292kW and 583Nm, European versions 212kW and 491Nm 🤪 hope for similar results with chip tuning without cutting that GPF and loosing warranty 😎

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Your best bet may be the Ranger 5G Forum. It may give you some ideas of what is needed. Then you can take that info and research it on the Raptor. Yes it will be for the 2.3L but it may give you some direction of how its done.

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. If not warranty issues I would cut out that GPF right away and tune it like it should be 😎 I know what to do but still wanna keep that warranty 😉. Dyno tests and first tune will bring some answers.

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Can't wait for the results. Any pictures of yours you can post?

Sponsored

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. If not warranty issues I would cut out that GPF right away and tune it like it should be 😎 I know what to do but still wanna keep that warranty 😉. Dyno tests and first tune will bring some answers.
There are plenty of mods you can make that will improve perfomance without voiding the factory warranty, example intercooler, intake, exhaust, down pipe. All of which would need to be changed to go max on the engine ecu power adjustments.
The onus is one the Mfg. to prove any failures is a direct result of your mods for warranty work.
Of course having a good personal relationship with the dealer is crucial too.

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are plenty of mods you can make that will improve perfomance without voiding the factory warranty, example intercooler, intake, exhaust, down pipe. All of which would need to be changed to go max on the engine ecu power adjustments.
The onus is one the Mfg. to prove any failures is a direct result of your mods for warranty work.
Of course having a good personal relationship with the dealer is crucial too.
I don't need to do all above couse it's same engine like inU.S. or Australia. They put gasoline particular filter and detune engine to match new Europe emission restriction. It's good as it is now for me but I know it will ride better with almost 400hp under the hood instead of 290hp 😎

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't need to do all above couse it's same engine like inU.S. or Australia. They put gasoline particular filter and detune engine to match new Europe emission restriction. It's good as it is now for me but I know it will ride better with almost 400hp under the hood instead of 290hp 😎
....then you're easily satisfied... enjoy your new toy.👍
I on the other hand like to tinker with the potential. 🤓
Sponsored