• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor '23, Ford Ranger Wildtrack '17
OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
....then you're easily satisfied... enjoy your new toy.👍
I on the other hand like to tinker with the potential. 🤓
Easy 😉 I was calling my tuner before I bought it 😎 In Poland if I cut out GPF I loose warranty ehh so I hope ECU tune will do the work. Will post results on thursday 🤝

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Every time a new car is released "they" say that the ECU is locked and can't be modified... Then after a short while someone works it out and then more people work it out and before you know it, everyone is doing it. It was the same when I first bought my N55 powered BMW, now I have an app on my phone that let's me tune it.

In any case, I agree with @Scooter that you should research what they are doing with the Bronco V6 in the US (2.7 and Raptor 3.0) as they will be the closest thing around. The engines are basically the same as the RR - the ECU might be a bit different but I'd be betting not by much.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Every time a new car is released "they" say that the ECU is locked and can't be modified... Then after a short while someone works it out and then more people work it out and before you know it, everyone is doing it. It was the same when I first bought my N55 powered BMW, now I have an app on my phone that let's me tune it.
Ford's newest ECU encryption software is extremely good. No one has gotten into it in any vehicle that is using it yet. It's been around for about four years now. The tuners in Australia are working hard on it but none have had any luck.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@bill_AUS do you know if the Bronco, Mustang, Focus etc. use the same ECU as the RR? I would presume so, so if those guys haven't cracked it yet then there is still a way to go for the RR.

In the BMW world (N55), for many years the best you could hope for was a JB4 piggy-back system but after quite a long time they did manage to work out how to get in to the ECU.

Whilst I feel the "pain" of the original poster, I don't have any desire to f@#k with anything that could give Ford the opportunity to walk away from a warranty claim. It's hard enough getting car companies to honour warranties without giving them excuses to dishonour them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bill_AUS do you know if the Bronco, Mustang, Focus etc. use the same ECU as the RR? I would presume so, so if those guys haven't cracked it yet then there is still a way to go for the RR.

In the BMW world (N55), for many years the best you could hope for was a JB4 piggy-back system but after quite a long time they did manage to work out how to get in to the ECU.

Whilst I feel the "pain" of the original poster, I don't have any desire to f@#k with anything that could give Ford the opportunity to walk away from a warranty claim. It's hard enough getting car companies to honour warranties without giving them excuses to dishonour them.
Hi. That's why we will make some dyno runs and see what Ford put in to lower the power. Then we will try overwrite it with piggy back.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Yes if anyone should know how to do it will be a shop with a Dyno. Sounds like some of the after market chips don't do anything. Then you can see results right away.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@wolfrough it would be valuable to compare the logs from your 212kW tune to the 292kW tune we have in Aus.

These guys (Berrima Diesel) have tuned an interceptor (DPChip) on the dyno so they might be able to help you out with logs of the un-modified car.

Also this guy in New Zealand has been messing about with his Raptor on the dyno and on the drag strip so he might be able to help as well.

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@wolfrough it would be valuable to compare the logs from your 212kW tune to the 292kW tune we have in Aus.

These guys (Berrima Diesel) have tuned an interceptor (DPChip) on the dyno so they might be able to help you out with logs of the un-modified car.

Also this guy in New Zealand has been messing about with his Raptor on the dyno and on the drag strip so he might be able to help as well.
Thx mate. Sure I will share every results and logs. Guys i'm going thursday are tuners for over 15 years do I have high hopes 😉 They said if it wasnt warranty issue they would push it over 400hp😎

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was thinking you could get their logs to help you identify the difference.

Sponsored

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
Very interested, next week I will sell my '17 Wildtrak for a Blue Raptor 2023 waiting for me at the dealer :D

It seems racechip is very close to finish their add on box for the new Raptor, with great results too, 444hp!

Regarding the GPF, performance wise, basically it doesn't matter, like 3-5hp at best, no need to take it out, the sound should be a bit less but in baja mode I saw is loud enough hehe

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interested, next week I will sell my '17 Wildtrak for a Blue Raptor 2023 waiting for me at the dealer :D

It seems racechip is very close to finish their add on box for the new Raptor, with great results too, 444hp!

Regarding the GPF, performance wise, basically it doesn't matter, like 3-5hp at best, no need to take it out, the sound should be a bit less but in baja mode I saw is loud enough hehe
Hah we got same cars 😉 Wildtrack 2017 😎 Gonna check out that racechip. Thx

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hah we got same cars 😉 Wildtrack 2017 😎 Gonna check out that racechip. Thx
I love that car, it served me well for 5 years (except 2 broken transmissions and an engine replacement for water into a cilynder :facepalm:)
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning IMG_9224

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning IMG_9218

With DIY full Rockford Fosgate sound system, 1300W+ RMS, that will be moved to the new one, it really punch in the guts :D

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One question for you, with the old one I got 7 years warranty (such a blessing!), but with the new Raptor they proposed me only 4 Years, is that similar for you as well?

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One question for you, with the old one I got 7 years warranty (such a blessing!), but with the new Raptor they proposed me only 4 Years, is that similar for you as well?
I got only 2 🤣
Sponsored