• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

lostindirt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger raptor, ford raptor 37
i found this mail adres.
[email protected]
I think that is a fleet management email address - likely to go unanswered. You might also want to try this: [email protected]
Unfortunately my experience with FORD has not been the greatest when it comes to their support/service in the last 2 years. I have had trouble with 2 different Mach-E and a Raptor, emailed them to any address possible and nothing. 2 of their mid to upper level executives even changed their email addresses after they were shared in the raptor forum and they got spammed with complaints.

Unless this goes to an influencer/youtuber/online reviewer with massive reach in the EU they will not pay attention...
Unfortunately, the reviews I have seen from the EU youtubers do not mention anything at all in regards to how detuned and weak it is compared to the normal engine tune. Still great to drive but leaves a lot on the table.

If there is anyone with that kind of connection it might get us quicker results!
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
You can keep your eye on LEVITTOWN FORD PARTS 980 So. Broadway Hicksville, NY 11801 , genuine Ford Parts.
Tune for 5G Ranger. Ford Performance EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration - M-9603-REB | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com). This may be one of your best resources for info. Ranger 5G forum. if you search long enough you may find an E mail that Ford will answer. You will have to wait until the Raptor is released in NA. Then wait for the new parts to come down the pipe line.
Thank you for the good info

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Just keep in mind if Ford does make a tune for the NA Raptor it may be specific to the NA vehicles.

The NA Ranger Raptor V6 3.0L does 0 to 60MPH in 6 seconds.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Could you briefly explain what mainly the Raptor has over the Ranger. The Raptor has a V6 motor, Coil Spring Rear End, Reinforced frame, getting high end quality in Fox shocks, 33" tires, More modes, love the crawl on the 10 speed auto tranny. Exhaust sound profiles, Ford grill,

I guess my main ? is how the front suspension relates to the Bronco Raptor. Curious what is beefed up over the standard Ranger.

Side note. I have the last 4G Ranger built. 2.3L 4 cylinder. 2011 NA. Then they stopped building the Ranger in NA, maybe until 2018. The 5G Ranger has the Mazda designed 2.3L. I guess it was before this mine has the Mazda 4 Valve head. I have to laugh Ford would not make a 4WD with the 4. Makes sense mine has a rated 145Hp. Had it for 10 years, You have to have the 5 Speed manual for that lack of power. Maybe 120Km on speedo. I try to maintain it. Wish i had a garage. It has 4.11 rear gears. Mine has roll up windows, manual locks. XL. My gripe I am a big guy. Small interior. Hard to get out of the vehicle.

Did you get the 5G Raptor in Germany.

Last edited:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Mine has roll up windows...
Not much of that around anymore. My niece is 19 and I never realized it, but she had never been in a vehicle without power windows. Well, they bought a base Wrangler for her and my nephew to use and her first reaction was about the window crank. "This is SOOOO COOL"! She spent about 20 minutes rolling the window up and down. :LOL:

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Not much of that around anymore. My niece is 19 and I never realized it, but she had never been in a vehicle without power windows. Well, they bought a base Wrangler for her and my nephew to use and her first reaction was about the window crank. "This is SOOOO COOL"! She spent about 20 minutes rolling the window up and down. :LOL:
2011 Ford Ranger. I have to watch that people lock the passenger door. No power locks.
The switch for the slippery roads is useless going up the Mountains in snowy conditions. Have to remind myself to shut it off. It detunes the motor and applies the brakes. The ABS works well. The only fancy thing it has is it will turn the dome light out if you leave it on. Having the head lights shut off would be more useful. Its very easy to break into it. Just push with a rod under the door handle. You do have to keep an eye on the wheel bearings. Very light duty front end for 2WD. Bone basic, not much to go wrong.

OP
OP
wolfrough

wolfrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor '23, Ford Ranger Wildtrack '17
I would like to wait for a Ford Performance ECU remap, for a lot of obvious reason, also because as it is now, frankly, isn't that bad hehe yesterday evening I did another Baja fun run on a riverside dirt road with lots of bumps and a small jump (not a real jump but at 90Km/h I jumped :p), the suspensions and overall capabilities of this Raptor really make it very enjoyable.
I don't know you guys, but I'm in love with this beast, now with 1300Km on it I have the feeling that is getting better and better, more elastic and fluid on normal roads, smoother off road overall response, could it be some sort of internal training mechanism that self tune? I remember reading something about it, anyway, a pice of art, and I would like to avoid any malfunction that will ruin this dream hehe
In my case with 2.5k km on it. I hava notice that on bumpy roads I hear some noise on the right side (suspencion?). Plus I have notice that on sport mode when gear is changing up some times it's not smooth. Last thing little vibration with 4H on normal road going around 70-80km/h.
At monday I will go to ford to check it out couse first 1k km was smooth and now it's little anoying.

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
In my case with 2.5k km on it. I hava notice that on bumpy roads I hear some noise on the right side (suspencion?). Plus I have notice that on sport mode when gear is changing up some times it's not smooth. Last thing little vibration with 4H on normal road going around 70-80km/h.
At monday I will go to ford to check it out couse first 1k km was smooth and now it's little anoying.
Keep us posted. I’m at 1900 km’s know. But 4H on normal mode. Shouldn’t it be in 4A on normal roads? 4H is for offroad only. In sport i have the same. Its harsh sometimes.

Sponsored

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
1400Km here and everything is fine so far, even in really bumpy roads, in 4A sometimes there's some kind of a very subtle noise but I guess is the normal operation of the dynamic traction control.

I got a response for the last piggyback I posted, they are not ready yet for the EU version, they will write to me as soon as they have developed one, but honestly, I will wait first the NA launch and if we can get something out of it, is possible that they might have to deal with emission as well, lately they are strengthening on emissions.

Masterplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor
Had mine a couple weeks now and it’s missing that extra 100hp of our AUS and US cousins.

I don’t care about the warranty, so happy to modify it as required, but apparently the ecu is still locked and we could be some time away from that changing

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Ford uses a split drive shaft with a damper. Previous models had issues with this. Vibration.

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
Had mine a couple weeks now and it’s missing that extra 100hp of our AUS and US cousins.

I don’t care about the warranty, so happy to modify it as required, but apparently the ecu is still locked and we could be some time away from that changing
Yep, now that I got used to it, the difference between the capabilities and power is more and more marked, I mean, suspensions and all the tech behind how easy it handle everything, you feel that is designed for much more punch than our version, like riding a racehorse only to walk around the house

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Strangest thing happend today. Got my raptor back after fitting some Accessoires. 3 th gear 2800 rpm and got almost 0.9 bar boost. It pulled so nice. It looks like boost is higher in some gears but the boost go’s away as the rpms rise (i guess thats the detune thats comes at work at the higher rpm)
Sponsored