• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is the 2H active in the Ranger Raptor?

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
The truck definitely puts itself back in 2H after every restart unless you select revert to another drive mode.

4A is a clutch based AWD system, I don't think its worth being in 4A unless you know you're going to need the traction. I really wish Ford had done a differential based system that could do true AWD with locking functionality.
This is kind of good news, I think. I have a Gladiator Mojave with Selec-Trac, which is a similar clutch-based awd system. I definitely would prefer to not have the 4Auto system engaged by default. It isn't needed in most conditions, and it actually adds a little NHV to the drivetrain.
Sponsored

a77cj7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ranger
Baja mode selects 4h, but you can put it back to 2h.
Running gravel in baja 2h is an absolute smile fest with the anti lag and trans keeping revs up. It will hang sideways in every corner, especially if you disable stability.
4h allows you to accelerate out much more effectively though.

Sleach

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Kind of like the manual says but actually: If you select 4A it will stay in the mode on every start up. But, if you select 2H then that will be the default startup. In other words you can change if you want it to start up in 2H or 4A.

Along those same lines with the R button programming you can do some pretty interesting setups like; program it to have baja mode in 2H with AS/S turned on. (I actually dont mind AS/S). But two settings that do not go together are Auto Hold and AS/S, there is a huge delay to get going with both on at the same time.

Ford Man

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Retired Autoworker
I've heard that launching with 2H can get squirrely in the wet, so 4A could be used then. Also helpful if putting in a boat/trailer at a algae/slimy boat ramp or 4L w/lockers.

4A may also be preferred when leaving Chevys and Toyotas in the dust..........lol

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I used 4A this morning and it did indeed start up in 4A when I checked a little bit ago.

Here's my MyMode setup:

Ford Ranger Is the 2H active in the Ranger Raptor? 20240418_130952_resized
Sponsored

Reactions: JAC