• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is there a way to delay your order

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
Good morning and happy 4th of July guys.

this might seems insanely backwards for most of you, but I was wondering if there was any way to delay an order from arriving or being built as long as possible. I have a lariat ordered at priority code 19 with my dealer. I placed the order because of the 1000 dollar pre order discount. I would really love to be able to either buy cash or put down a healthy down payment. I have a truck that works fine for the time being so there is no rush. I just need more time to put down more money.

If I recall when I was researching a 22 ranger way back and going through the build process my dealer told me there are build prohibit items. Are there any build prohibit items on the 24? Any other ways to delay the process?

thanks yall
Sponsored

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self

this might seems insanely backwards for most of you, but I was wondering if there was any way to delay an order from arriving or being built as long as possible. I have a lariat ordered at priority code 19 with my dealer. I placed the order because of the 1000 dollar pre order discount. I would really love to be able to either buy cash or put down a healthy down payment. I have a truck that works fine for the time being so there is no rush. I just need more time to put down more money.

If I recall when I was researching a 22 ranger way back and going through the build process my dealer told me there are build prohibit items. Are there any build prohibit items on the 24? Any other ways to delay the process?

thanks yall
Maybe change the order to the v6 when it becomes an option this fall and see if they let you keep the discount. They may view it as a change not a new order.

OP
OP
Scole31

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
Maybe change the order to the v6 when it becomes an option this fall and see if they let you keep the discount. They may view it as a change not a new order.
That’s an excellent idea. Thanks for the tip

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
That’s an excellent idea. Thanks for the tip
That is a good idea! The question is will the sytem allow it if V6 is not an option yet, I don't know.

In thinking about this further, I'm wondering if your dealer can input it as a priority 99. If they can, it will act as a "placeholder, but not get scheduled.

So far, the refund is "delivery on or before October 2nd. If any of the two ideas work, and if Ford does not push that date out, I don't think many of us will see that discount.

OP
OP
Scole31

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
That is a good idea! The question is will the sytem allow it if V6 is not an option yet, I don't know. In thinking about this further, I'm wondering if your dealer can input it as a priority 99. If they can, it will act as a "placeholder, but not get scheduled.
is priority 99 recognized in their system? Is there a placeholder order number? Or were you just saying request the latest priority number?

Sponsored

BigDamnHeroes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I don't think dealers can move stuff to 99... that's where Ford moves orders there are issues with (no COVP, needs to be rolled over to the next model year, etc..).

There also hasn't been talk about any constraints for the Ranger.... and with 1800 retail orders in the bank last I heard... odds are really good you're going to be an early build if you've got an order in the system.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think dealers can move stuff to 99... that's where Ford moves orders there are issues with (no COVP, needs to be rolled over to the next model year, etc..).
There also hasn't been talk about any constraints for the Ranger.... and with 1800 retail orders in the bank last I heard... odds are really good you're going to be an early build if you've got an order in the system.
is priority 99 recognized in their system? Is there a placeholder order number? Or were you just saying request the latest priority number?
I'm just throwing anything at the wall I can think of and hope it sticks. I saw this in a Bronco forum where it was inputted as a 99 by the dealer according to the OP. I don't know if it was for the same reason you are shooting for or if Ford itself changed because it was not buildable. Unfortunately, I think the way things stand now, BigDamnHeroes is probably right. But, there IS a 99 code, will the dealer do it, can they do it, and not just Ford itself... I don't know. The 99 would keep it from being built however if the dealer can't or won't change it, I also do not know. The best (in your case) you will get is a 19 if your dealer is unable or unwilling to change to 99. Again, if I'm understanding BigDamnHeroes reply, at the alledgedly low orders, it still has a very good chance of being built even if your code is 19. The good news is actual building has been pushed back to September now (according to @videoFordguy). Also, you can simply choose to refuse a delivered retail order if you don't have the funds you want to keep your monthly payment down. Best bet is simply to call your salesman if you have not already, be up front and ask.
Ford Ranger Is there a way to delay your order Screenshot_20220308-174625_Gallery

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scole31

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
I'm just throwing anything at the wall I can think of and hope it sticks. I saw this in a Bronco forum where it was inputted as a 99 by the dealer according to the OP. I don't know if for the same reason you are shooting for or if Ford changed it. Unfortunately, I think the way things stand now, BigDamnHeroes is pprobably right. There IS a 99 code, will the dealer do it, I don't know. Best bet is simply to call and ask I suppose.
Screenshot_20220308-174625_Gallery.jpg
great stuff thanks. I’ll give them a call tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
Scole31

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71

yeah that’s my main worry as I’ve only read there’s hardly any orders placed. I know there’s a ton of bronco folk that would kill to be in our position of the normal ranger order.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Only constraint I have seen so far is the the Raptor for spare tire locking nut.

Sponsored

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scole31, did you find out if the V6 order or code 99 will work for your order delay?

OP
OP
Scole31

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
Scole31, did you find out if the V6 order or code 99 will work for your order delay?
I called them today. He said priority code 99 is not something their dealer would issue rather it would be issued by the region manager I think is what he said.

as for the V6 he said he would check and see if he has additional information on when it would be released for orders. If it was released for orders it depends on my build date/ scheduling on if they can add it. He still was not sure if adding the v6 would delay it further.

sorry for the unclear answers. He seems to know as little as we do…

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called them today. He said priority code 99 is not something their dealer would issue rather it would be issued by the region manager I think is what he said.

as for the V6 he said he would check and see if he has additional information on when it would be released for orders. If it was released for orders it depends on my build date/ scheduling on if they can add it. He still was not sure if adding the v6 would delay it further.

sorry for the unclear answers. He seems to know as little as we do…
Your answers are not unclear, nothing to apoligize for :) In reality, most of them know less then we do! Lol Thank you for the update and I hope it works out well for you.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
You can't add 2.7 engine yet.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford

thanks yall
Ad a low capacity item. Probably like Bedliner, splash guards, or better yet bed cover.
Sponsored