• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Muddy Rangers - Post Your Off-road Pics Here!

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '86 FC RX-7
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Let's use this thread to post off-roading/wheel pics and videos! I'll start.

This past weekend I drove down to Rush Off-road park in Rush, KY and took the Ranger. Huge, technical park with a labyrinth of never ending trails. Everyone at the park stared at the Ranger and remarked, "you're taking THAT on the trails?? Hope you come out in one piece!"

Needless to say, my Ranger is fine haha. Got it up on three wheels multiple times, scuffed up the front bumper and skid plate, but the Ranger performed like a beast. However, I will note that I didn't try many blue trails - hard green trails/easy blue trails seemed like the limit for my comfort/driving skill and ground clearance/articulation for the Ranger.

Three vids from the trip:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/191JTCtVOpozBM-7LCwcgpa_0ZM-GNUNO

Edit: Sorry guys, some of you may notice a double post from the "Off-Road" subforum. I found the original "post your offroad pics here" thread after I made this thread. I tried to delete this one after seeing the original but I don't think I can. I guess now we have two!

View attachment 13317
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
That looks like it was a lot of fun! Those videos were AWESOME!

Wondering if you used any of the terrain management stuff or your rear locker in any of that?

OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '86 FC RX-7
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
That looks like it was a lot of fun! Those videos were AWESOME!

Wondering if you used any of the terrain management stuff or your rear locker in any of that?
Thanks! Yeah it was a tun of fun, a little nerve wracking at times too haha.

Yep, I kept it in the Mud/Ruts mode most of the time. I've noticed that if you just keep it in normal 4H in mud, the throttle is too laggy since you have to wait for the engine to downshift which can be problematic when you need wheelspeed in mud. Mud/Ruts mode applies the right amount of traction control too, definitely not too intrusive.

The rear locker was on when I was climbing the hill! But otherwise it was almost always off.

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4

This past weekend I drove down to Rush Off-road park in Rush, KY and took the Ranger. Huge, technical park with a labyrinth of never ending trails. Everyone at the park stared at the Ranger and remarked, "you're taking THAT on the trails?? Hope you come out in one piece!"

Needless to say, my Ranger is fine haha. Got it up on three wheels multiple times, scuffed up the front bumper and skid plate, but the Ranger performed like a beast. However, I will note that I didn't try many blue trails - hard green trails/easy blue trails seemed like the limit for my comfort/driving skill and ground clearance/articulation for the Ranger.

View attachment 13317
Now THATS off roading!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You should definitely upload those to youtube! They would be easier for those of us who's current "Condition" disallows us from using Google Drive :)

Where you at in Detroit? I'm in Southfield area most days :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '86 FC RX-7
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
You should definitely upload those to youtube! They would be easier for those of us who's current "Condition" disallows us from using Google Drive :)

Where you at in Detroit? I'm in Southfield area most days :)
I'll try out Youtube! Starting a Youtube channel just sounds like....work haha. I'll definitely look into it to make viewing more user friendly, thanks for the tip!

I'm out in the Plymouth area! But you'll find me in Dearborn a lot for work. You can probably put two and two together ;)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It's cake, you're not doing it as a job, you just have one so you can share vids with a link to the vid instead of pointing directly at your google docs :).

I definitely can add the numbers together :)

OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '86 FC RX-7
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
It's cake, you're not doing it as a job, you just have one so you can share vids with a link to the vid instead of pointing directly at your google docs :).

I definitely can add the numbers together :)
Good point, I'll do that next time!

mrsmith

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4
Occupation
Project Manager - Industrial Construction

Edit: Sorry guys, some of you may notice a double post from the "Off-Road" subforum. I found the original "post your offroad pics here" thread after I made this thread. I tried to delete this one after seeing the original but I don't think I can. I guess now we have two!

View attachment 13317
Awesome!! What tires are you running? Stock suspension?

OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '86 FC RX-7
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Awesome!! What tires are you running? Stock suspension?
I'm running 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's, stock suspension! The tires are just over an inch taller than stock and I love the tires, especially for their value. They clear mud very well, air down nicely, quiet on the highway, and well built. Definitely an upgrade from OEM. I talk about the tires in this thread a little bit more on pages 7 and 8:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/biggest-tires-no-lift.2458/page-7

Cheers!
Sponsored