• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
The future must be wild.. it looks like there is no need for rear-view mirrors in 2021.
As it was in the past. Mid 50's promos had none! I asked, and was told it was optional to have outside mirrors.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Everyone is getting all worked up over nothing the 2022 Ranger won't look anything like this rendering.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
targeted improvements for me would be 2.7 option, 37” rear seat legroom, 6’ bed option with crew, 60/40 split, back seat fold flat and up with flat floor. Current safety and tech is very good.

Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
And a all aluminum body
And full stop/go adaptive cruise at a minimum but more likely some sort of autonomous driving system. I personally think it’s quite likely this truck will be designed for an electric Powertrain too at some point. Will have to see what Rivian, Tesla, Bollinger, Atlas etc demonstrate over the next few years but the future is certainly going to have an electric option. Perhaps with electric motors in each wheel. Perhaps with a hybridized system like Rams E-torque but even that will be antiquated by 2022.

I think electric is coming to these power trains big time in some way shape or form. Not because it’s ecological but because it improves torque, horsepower, utility, job site power, camping, handling, acceleration etc. Stock trucks that tow double what they do now and accelerate twice as fast are on the horizon. One key will be increasing range, but these batteries and capacitors are getting better quickly and at some point these trucks will be able to go 600-800 miles on a charge and “refill” fast.

I think a lot of people think about electric through the lens of what’s available today, but this technology is improving quite quickly and it’s easy to imagine things will keep improving at a dramatic pace and give gas/diesel serious competiton.

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
I think it will depend on how the Ranger sells whether a new generation comes that early.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
I think it will depend on how the Ranger sells whether a new generation comes that early.
It’s coming. Engineers are already working on it.
So what Ford is saying, is that we should hold out for 2021 since the current platform will be abandoned in 2 years, right?
The current Ranger is a nice truck and a great alternative to midsize competitors that are currently out. Some folks will be happy to purchase a platform that other than the power train has been proven globally. The Ranger is due for a redesign and will roll out after the Bronco. There was no real reason to hold off bringing the global Ranger here. Looks like ford will sell 500k before the new platform rolls out and Who knows production could be delayed another year if the Bronco has issues.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion SE
The Ford styling is pretty apparent in the render/concept... with the grill protruding into the headlights, and the fender vent/badge. treatment similar to the Super Duty.

Ford Ranger Next gen 2021 Ranger Leaked? 2021-Ford-Ranger-cho

Sponsored

nramacciato

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
So what Ford is saying, is that we should hold out for 2021 since the current platform will be abandoned in 2 years, right?
We all should have anticipated this in some way. The current Ranger we have is dated as it is, and I expected the next gen to come within just a few years.

The Ford styling is pretty apparent in the render/concept... with the grill protruding into the headlights, and the fender vent/badge. treatment similar to the Super Duty.
I'm glad somebody made this graphic. Another thing to mention is the logo behind the cover on the grille is totally an oval. It's rounded just like one. Zoom in closely!

Majormnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
A friend of mine works at the plant and other work at tooling companies. The Ranger does have some changes coming next year at the plant. They never fully tooled the plant for robots, it is more or less a minimum build out. They still do a lot of stuff by hand at the plant. This is what has led to roller coaster production dates as well as it taking forever to get orders to customers.

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021-Ford-Ranger-chop.jpg
Not to mention the current Expedition models

Ford Ranger Next gen 2021 Ranger Leaked? 2019-Ford-Expedition-Lineup-Engine-Features-and-Capabilities_o