• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
In that case VW is a century further in development.
You are probably very true in your observations, sir.
They were also light years ahead in cheating emission testing standards as well...
Sponsored

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
No offence, I'm not implying that you don't know about your truck, but are you sure it doesn't have heated mirrors? My Lariat does even though it doesn't have the "heated" embossed in the mirror - it's parked inside so I haven't tested them, but I checked my window sticker and it lists them as being heated.
You may be right, no offense taken, but it doesn't seem that way to me. if so then this truck only needs a power slider.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
You may be right, no offense taken, but it doesn't seem that way to me. if so then this truck only needs a power slider.
If you have a Lariat you just need to turn on the rear defrost and they will heat up. I've used them a couple of times now and they worked great - at first I didn't know how to turn them on, though.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
yes ur right. But in the first line that is because of the prices. And because they told us 15years ago diesel is a good thing for the environment... For example we are at 1,45€ mid grade? 1,56€ Premium and just 1,25€ diesel per LITER today 1st Jan... but the times as a diesel in every case was slow are over since 20years. I am very happy with my not yet optimised 200hp and the short gearshift on the german autobahn :sunglasses: and with it.s torque towing a 3,5 ton trailer. What makes the ranger slow is the gearbox from stoneage. It feels like a joke to have to stir for the gears in a new car (2000miles) because of the poor design. In that case VW is a century further in development.
what does yours have for a gearbox? The 10 speed we have is awesome I absolutely love it. I think an 8 speed would have been better because the 10 shifts constantly but it's still awesome.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Love this thread, and about time too!

Need/Want:
Heated mirrors
Memory seat positions
Grab handles at all four doors
power-sliding rear window
Auto up/down window switches at driver's control panel
Change the blind spot warning light in outside mirrors from orange to RED - much more visible (as in my wife's Mercedes)
Better designed fueling receptacle - nozzle falls out at half the stations I go to if I don't hold it in place while pumping gas
Fewer gears with less hunting (7 or 8 gears should do)
A "hold" feature to keep the truck stationary with the foot off the pedal while waiting at a stoplight (again, a la Mercedes)

Despite the above, the Ranger is the best truck I've ever driven/owned.

Sponsored

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
You are probably very true in your observations, sir.
They were also light years ahead in cheating emission testing standards as well...
:like: u are absolutely right. But they were not alone... !!! @ the end I didn‘t care about this anymore because they (the industrie) fake us all day long.
But Interieur design and quality is just another dimension.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
what does yours have for a gearbox? The 10 speed we have is awesome I absolutely love it. I think an 8 speed would have been better because the 10 shifts constantly but it's still awesome.
I stick with 6 gear stickshift :sunglasses: Not able to drive automatics. I feel like a passenger without the 3rd pedal... had some shocking moments driving a automatic when i looked the nice area instead the road. @ 150 km/h

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150, 2014 Escape
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
A "hold" feature to keep the truck stationary with the foot off the pedal while waiting at a stoplight (again, a la Mercedes)
Had that feature in an Altima rental once, couldn’t get it turned off fast enough.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Had that feature in an Altima rental once, couldn’t get it turned off fast enough.
What didn't you like about it? I find it nice to rest my right foot/leg at the stoplight without having to shift out of Drive.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I stick with 6 gear stickshift :sunglasses: Not able to drive automatics. I feel like a passenger without the 3rd pedal... had some shocking moments driving a automatic when i looked the nice area instead the road. @ 150 km/h
I grew up on a dairy farm and love my manuals sadly ford doesn't offer one any longer. The Ranger used to be very popular in manual. I think my 05 Ranger Edge 5 speed was one of the funnest trucks I ever drove. Still though this 10 speed isn't like most autos it shifts about 25 percent faster than your typical automatic and with mine at least I find very little lag or hesitation. It's quite fun in sport mode.

Sponsored

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
If you have a Lariat you just need to turn on the rear defrost and they will heat up. I've used them a couple of times now and they worked great - at first I didn't know how to turn them on, though.
Figured that out, Ford for some reason didn't put the heated mirror decal on the mirrors which made me wonder. Thxs to all.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
supposedly there is some sort of wiper heater too that activates with the rear defrost but it hasn't done anything for me when I had ice at the base of the windshield.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
There's only a short list for me:
  • Power sliding rear window (it's a reach, even in a SuperCab)
  • Memory Seats. I'm OCD about getting my seating position right and was really hoping Ford would have this on the Ranger
  • Heated Steering wheel.
Sure I can live without all of the above, but wouldn't have complained if my Lariat had them!

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan S 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Make the tailgate step an option once more. I miss the one I had on my F150. I have to use a small step ladder in order to get in and out of mine since I am 70 and have too many replacement parts....knee, two hips, etc. Oh, and I am height challenged as I am only about 5' 3". When I got out bed of the truck yesterday after installing the missing tie down brackets, the step stool went out from under me sending me flying like Superman to a landing on both wrists on the cement driveway. I know the left one is broken, and we are not too sure about the right one as it has so much arthritis in it. Anyway, I really miss my tailgate step. lol
Sponsored