• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Order Date - Build Date

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
I was in the first batch of Lincoln Aviators that was produced. I started hearing about the significant start up issues with the first batch of cars. There were many delays with the start up and I was assigned a Lincoln Concierge. I asked her if I could reject the car that was being built in the initial batch. With input from my dealer they agreed. I waited 3 weeks and then was assigned a new production date. Our vehicle has had zero issues. The dealer sold my original car to someone else, I was told on the "QT" that the car has had many major problems.

Not being in the first batch is not always a bad thing......
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I was in the first batch of Lincoln Aviators that was produced. I started hearing about the significant start up issues with the first batch of cars. There were many delays with the start up and I was assigned a Lincoln Concierge. I asked her if I could reject the car that was being built in the initial batch. With input from my dealer they agreed. I waited 3 weeks and then was assigned a new production date. Our vehicle has had zero issues. The dealer sold my original car to someone else, I was told on the "QT" that the car has had many major problems.

How did you like the Aviator? I had an Explorer & loved the way it drove, but didn’t think I needed a 3 row. I’ve considered going back to one though. Mine wasn’t completely trouble free either though.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
How did you like the Aviator? I had an Explorer & loved the way it drove, but didn’t think I needed a 3 row. I’ve considered going back to one though. Mine wasn’t completely trouble free either though.
We really like it. Very powerful and fast. Love the interior. The 2024 are suppose to get a major update on the dash. About the only thing we don't like is sync 3. Newer models have sync 4.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
We really like it. Very powerful and fast. Love the interior. The 2024 are suppose to get a major update on the dash. About the only thing we don't like is sync 3. Newer models have sync 4.
Thanks for the review! I may well have to go check one out then when the update comes as I figure out what vehicle might be right for me. I found the Explorer handled much better than other SUV’s we looked at too, perhaps because it was relatively low or seemed it (was a Limited but even the 4cyl had enough power) and I attribute it mostly though to being a rear drive based vehicle.

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor

I tend to always avoid first year models for this reason. That being said, the fact that the RR has already been around outside the US for a few years makes this a different situation (I hope).

Sponsored

Indian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
Am I correct in saying all of these orders are for the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder, I have to think there are a lot of customers waiting for the 2.7 like me, is there any communication on when that may happen?

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
You are correct all current orders are for the 2.3 The 2.7 availability was late Nov. early Dec. but with strike it may get pushed back.
I too am waiting for the 2.7 to order.

BudT

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT
Well, I finally pulled the plug. I ordered my XLT FX4 in early June and had never received a build date. As much as I wanted to wait, I needed a truck before winter. So I bought a 2022 F150 Powerboost with 30,000 miles. It's pretty awesome. I'm still very interested in the Ranger 6G, but now I can wait a couple of years.
Sponsored