• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Order getting built!

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
Very excited to be joining a new group of owners soon. Ive been driving sport(y) cars my entire life. Decided it was time for something different. Havent been able to stop watching every Range Raptor video I could find on Youtube(even in different languages) since I became obsessed. My local dealership gave me their one allocation for the year at 5k over and I took it. Got the order confirmation today that my RR is scheduled to be built week of March 25th(my birthday).

Of course I cant leave anything alone. So Im already looking at pre-modding it. Found a JB4 piggyback tune for it. A couple different intakes to choose from. Maybe exhaust. Definitely want to find a good bed cover but I know nothing about them. Also debating if I want to put more street friendly tires on it since I hear the K02 are scary in the wet.
Sponsored

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XL Cactus Gray
Occupation
Wastewater collections technician
For what it’s worth, I had a 2019 ranger, and the KO2s were great! I had a lot of traction issues in wet conditions with nitto

CharlieFoor1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Geographic Information Systems
Very excited to be joining a new group of owners soon. Ive been driving sport(y) cars my entire life. Decided it was time for something different. Havent been able to stop watching every Range Raptor video I could find on Youtube(even in different languages) since I became obsessed. My local dealership gave me their one allocation for the year at 5k over and I took it. Got the order confirmation today that my RR is scheduled to be built week of March 25th(my birthday).

Of course I cant leave anything alone. So Im already looking at pre-modding it. Found a JB4 piggyback tune for it. A couple different intakes to choose from. Maybe exhaust. Definitely want to find a good bed cover but I know nothing about them. Also debating if I want to put more street friendly tires on it since I hear the K02 are scary in the wet.
Take a look at Desert Assassins on Facebook. They are Fox shock / Ford Performance people who take Ranger Raptors 130 mph across the desert. Thats what Raptors are designed to do!! It’s absolutely amazing…. That’s why I would not change things much without a lot of research. Might lose a tremendous amount of performance. Peace.

Charlie

Charlie

OP
OP

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a look at Desert Assassins on Facebook. They are Fox shock / Ford Performance people who take Ranger Raptors 130 mph across the desert. Thats what Raptors are designed to do!! It’s absolutely amazing…. That’s why I would not change things much without a lot of research. Might lose a tremendous amount of performance. Peace.

Charlie

Charlie
Thanks for the heads up, I just subscribed to them. I generally do a ton of research on everything. Ive never seen an intake or tune "lose" a ton of performance. I like that this is a sports car that identifies as a truck(or vise versa). Its my first truck ever and Im hoping I dont hate it.

Sponsored

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW

Sweet! I'm in the same boat as you and also live in the north east. I have owned a few performance sedans (M3s, CTS-Vs, S3s, RS3s) for the past 15 years.

What color Ranger Raptor you order? I was going to order Cactus Gray but owned 2 Nardo Gray RS3s and wanted to switch it up. So I went with Shelter Green.

I can't wait to not worry about potholes. Haha

OP
OP

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! I'm in the same boat as you and also live in the north east. I have owned a few performance sedans (M3s, CTS-Vs, S3s, RS3s) for the past 15 years.

What color Ranger Raptor you order? I was going to order Cactus Gray but owned 2 Nardo Gray RS3s and wanted to switch it up. So I went with Shelter Green.

I can't wait to not worry about potholes. Haha
Broooo, you get it! Im on my 15th year with some type of "S" model of Audi, and BMW before that. Im completely worn thin of watching out for potholes. I just want to run over everything now.

I ordered Velocity Blue. I also liked the Cactus but had a Quantum S4(almost Nardo) and the color is just played out now. I love my blues. I think the Shelter Green looks perfect on it also, great pick.

ec99

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Ordered Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Who else is still in order processing?👋🏽 😞

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

Awesome Alex, one step closer to your new Ranger! Thanks for sharing and for being part of the Ford family! 😎

OP
OP

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome Alex, one step closer to your new Ranger! Thanks for sharing and for being part of the Ford family! 😎
Thanks, actually, my first car was a 91 Mustang LX 5.0 Hatch lol. Life is coming full circle. Anything you can do about my dealership charging over MSRP??? You should put the kibosh on that.

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Love cars as well and ordered a Ranger Raptor. Current cars, 20 Shelby GT500, 03 Cobra convertible, 02 Miata and a 13 300 SRT8. You may want to wait for the Ford performance Ranger Raptor tune. The Bronco Raptor tune is coming out 1st quarter of this year, the RR tune should follow.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline

1) Piggybacks are the least ideal way to tune any car. Sure, "cheap," but I wouldn't touch that. Plenty of UK & Aussie tuners that have cracked the 3L engine. Order from them
2) It has been proven that aftermarket intakes do nothing for performance. On any modern car. I'd opt for aluminum turbo & intercooler piping, along with a thicker intercooler, instead
3) Plenty of Aussie companies making quality bed covers. I'm sure they'll ship...but it might be pricey.
4) BFG's new K03 will debut on the Ranger Raptor. Many improvements vs. the K02 including silica content, construction, tread design, etc.

OP
OP

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) Piggybacks are the least ideal way to tune any car. Sure, "cheap," but I wouldn't touch that. Plenty of UK & Aussie tuners that have cracked the 3L engine. Order from them
2) It has been proven that aftermarket intakes do nothing for performance. On any modern car. I'd opt for aluminum turbo & intercooler piping, along with a thicker intercooler, instead
3) Plenty of Aussie companies making quality bed covers. I'm sure they'll ship...but it might be pricey.
4) BFG's new K03 will debut on the Ranger Raptor. Many improvements vs. the K02 including silica content, construction, tread design, etc.
1) I dont know, Ive been using the JB4 on many cars since my 2007 BMW 335 and its a very easy and undetectable way to get good power without sacrificing warranty. That being said, I do prefer a full ECU tune when available.
2) Yes, but they sound sooooo much better
3) After much research, I think I like the Bak Revolver X4S
4) Yeah, Im hoping for some reviews coming out soon.

Wisdumb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 IH R-110, 1974 C3 Stingray, 1981 Yamaha G1
Occupation
IT Manager
Care to weigh in on why people that ordered 8-9 months ago aren't even scheduled yet when we have people that ordered in December that have build dates already?
Identical trucks, no addons. Why such a huge difference and why not respect the customers that have had orders in for nearly ten times longer?
I'll give it a 2% chance of substantive response. Please surprise me.