• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Picked up interest in 2024 Ranger. Any pointers?

Grand_Tour_9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Howdy yall, I was looking into Maverick, but seeing how CF of a process it is in and with military relocation across the country from where I ordered, I am now looking at the 24 Ranger. Not Raptor, hopefully that'll let me get the truck sooner.

I'm watching youtube videos and reading articles, but there just isn't much info about 24 Ranger I can find, other than the fact that its estimated to start production in May. Hopefully order banks open up before then so I can order one.

Other than that, is there anything anyone can throw at me? My budget is 35k, hoping for FHEV AWD.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
Seems like you did your research, and you probably know as much as we do lol. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Welcome. What part of CO you in? I'm down in 4 Corners area by Mesa Verde national park. I actually survived the Maverick process (10.5 Months from order to delivery), but am also interested in Ranger. You are right, there is very little out there on the NA version. We basically have to look at the ROW and AUS versions for information- while knowing there will be changes with less engine choices, probably trim levels, and some other things. I started out here reading all the sub forums and linked articles and daily watching of the main forum for the latest new spy shots, etc. as they pop up. Also using the current Ford build and price guesstimate tool online and building examples with items/configurations I hope will carry over. I'd expect the new XL to start at least $3k higher in base form than 2023 and go from there. Farley was quoted saying the Raptor (and assume Regular Ranger) will be introduced here in Q1 2023 and start production in May, so....?

There was an earlier article laying out a roadmap claiming even PHEV isn't in the plans until 2029- which some are guessing will be on the next platform after this new 6G. IMO, there just won't be any plans for a Ranger hybrid AWD, unless at some they could adapt the F-150 version drivetrain. A full BEV like the Lightning would be more realistic to me, but again, years away. I could be wrong ...

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Welcome GT9. I bought a Maverick last year, got lucky, only 3 1/2 months from order to delivery. I ordered sight unseen but absolutely no regrets. I am considering the 6G Ranger as well. I really, really like my Maverick it's surprisingly quick...too quick at times, drives awesome, and gets solid MPG BUT......I have been in full sized trucks and SUV's for a long time and I miss being a little higher on the road and the feel of being in something bigger. I don't need a full-sized truck or SUV anymore and I have hauled plenty in the bed of my Maverick. I am thinking at this stage of my life the mid-size would be my sweet spot but the economy and interest rates have me approaching this realistically. I put a fair amount down on the Maverick (plus the 1.9% interest is nice) and they are still in extremely high demand in my area. I won't make a bad business decision on a want at this point but I have worked long enough to get what I want. It will be an interesting few months of going back and forth on what I want to do. I can't really lose, if I keep the Maverick it's not a bad thing, if I get the new Ranger that's not bad either.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have a '19 Lariat, 13K miles...Ford Tune, Borla catback, and on and on. Have someone that wants to buy my truck but I don't want a new one unless it has the 2.7 or 3.0L motor. Thought about going to the Chicago Auto Show to see if there was any info other than what we know or are rumored, but afraid like the dealerships, we know more than almost all of them as performance just is second to off-road...hell, half the dealers couldn't put on a Ford Tune :)

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
There's a good chance the G6 Ranger will show up at the Chicago Auto Show, but it's anyone's call as to whether that will actually happen.

If we go by the timeline that was 'originally' given: (I realize dates are subject to change)

• Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP).
  • Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.
It is comparable to the timeline they used for the Bronco Raptor, which was at the Chicago Show in 2022:

) Feb 26th: May production wholesale starts
) March: Bronco Raptor order banks open
) March 24th: May production scheduling
) Summer 2022: Deliveries begin

Sadly, there are still commodity issues and such, so the original timeline might have been thrown out the window for all we know.

There are 2 things I'm thinking could possibly happen:
1) There will model, trim and/or option stream-lining to make best use of what they have and can get to meet initial surge of orders.
2) The order banks won't be open for very long at all (customer orders, at least), especially for the Raptor.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
There's a good chance the G6 Ranger will show up at the Chicago Auto Show, but it's anyone's call as to whether that will actually happen.

If we go by the timeline that was 'originally' given: (I realize dates are subject to change)

It is comparable to the timeline they used for the Bronco Raptor, which was at the Chicago Show in 2022:

Sadly, there are still commodity issues and such, so the original timeline might have been thrown out the window for all we know.

1) There will model, trim and/or option stream-lining to make best use of what they have and can get to meet initial surge of orders.
2) The order banks won't be open for very long at all (customer orders, at least), especially for the Raptor.
Agree with all that you posted. My concern is getting the information as to what is actually available and what is constrained. Hopefully there is some transparency from Ford although that doesn’t seem to be their style
If the Raptor, Wildtrack is limited say so, if the Lariat package is limited in availability tell the public. Allow the buyer to make the choice of changing or waiting. Now you order and find out later or your try to order and find out that you can’t (Lariat package early this year) I understand the constraints but since it’s my money I want to be the one that decides what I get and my level of patience to get what I want. Seems fair to me but I don’t think Ford particularly cares about my opinion.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

That's interesting, thank you for sharing. Can I ask where that schedule came from? There was a recent thread on here that had a product forecast table with BEV in 2029, but also had other dates including NA 6G Ranger info, that is slightly different than yours aside from 5/1/23 production start? I've seen nothing about July launch with dealer stock. I was expecting a reveal prior to production start after my recent Maverick experience and guessing that would occur Q1 this year. I'm late to the party in the Ranger world after having set sights on Maverick and not being interested at all in 5G Ranger. If I'm reading below table right and assuming T6 P375N is current outgoing 5G Ranger- it ends production 4/28/2023 @ MAP, while P703 production begins 5/1/2023 and runs through end of life 7/27/2029, also @ MAP. Correct me if I've got something wrong here?

Ford Ranger Picked up interest in 2024 Ranger. Any pointers? 1672694451011

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
That's interesting, thank you for sharing. Can I ask where that schedule came from? There was a recent thread on here that had a product forecast table with BEV in 2029, but also had other dates including NA 6G Ranger info, that is slightly different than yours aside from 5/1/23 production start? I've seen nothing about July launch with dealer stock. I was expecting a reveal prior to production start after my recent Maverick experience and guessing that would occur Q1 this year. I'm late to the party in the Ranger world after having set sights on Maverick and not being interested at all in 5G Ranger. If I'm reading below table right and assuming T6 P375N is current outgoing 5G Ranger- it ends production 4/28/2023 @ MAP, while P703 production begins 5/1/2023 and runs through end of life 7/27/2029, also @ MAP. Correct me if I've got something wrong here?

1672694451011.jpeg
Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP). Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.

The link I posted above was from the first post of the sticky thread at the top of the General forums.

The July date may not be definite, but it's what is listed in what I linked. I'd personally say 'Summer' of 2023, which covers Q3 (end of Sept), as the production starting range.

With how things are going for the Bronco, at the moment, and it's pushing build dates out for one thing or another, I don't think the July 3rd date is going to hold.

I'm just theory crafting since we've not heard a thing from 'insiders' or Ford.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Production begins on May 1, 2023 at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP). Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.

The link I posted above was from the first post of the sticky thread at the top of the General forums.

The July date may not be definite, but it's what is listed in what I linked. I'd personally say 'Summer' of 2023, which covers Q3 (end of Sept), as the production starting range.

With how things are going for the Bronco, at the moment, and it's pushing build dates out for one thing or another, I don't think the July 3rd date is going to hold.

If things go similar to the 5G launch, vehicles will be in dealers in limited quantities in about 4-6 weeks. For the 5G, they started production in Mid December of 2018, and I saw a few (some not for sale) in dealers in mid to late January of 2019. I would say they should have some reasonable inventory by July (assuming they actually build them and don't defer to building broncos - I think they will need to add a second or third shift at MAP if they want to build enough of both).

It will be interesting to see how things play out. I'm waiting until they announce a PHEV for the 6G and then probably waiting a yearish before I order one. I'm very happy with my 5G - the only thing that will get me to trade is a PHEV.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

I'm puzzled/bothered by the news blackout on this compared to the long get to know the Ranger kind of buildup for the 2019 return to US market. I remember lots of TV commercials highlighting towing capacity and features. Then there was a nationwide test drive clinic you could sign up for and drive them around a little test track. Closest 1 to me was Phoenix IIRC, but I wasn't in the market for a mid-size at that time having just bought our new F-150. Then 1 showed up in my local Ford Dealer's showroom and I got to climb all in and around it and I knew it wasn't going to work for me. They couldn't sell it for something like 6 months either. Thanks to it being a re-badged and tweaked ROW version it didn't seem to take long to mass produce and deliver and I started seeing a lot of them. I'm thinking with AUS and ROW versions in production for 1 year already, the 6G N/A version can't be THAT much different from those produced elsewhere with a 1 year running head start- so I don't get the secrecy and lack of reveal plans.

I don't closely follow Broncos, but of course heard about all the difficulties getting it produced and delivered- especially the 4 door hard top. IMO, there was a hell of a lot more riding on getting the Bronco right after such a long hiatus and basically starting from scratch trying to stick to the original mission and heritage and looks to please the die hards, while also stealing back market share from Jeep. Didn't they have to basically ramp up a new production line from scratch to build it since it had been out of production so long and no legacy factory to build it?
Obviously the COVID world shutdown had a major effect on getting it built and to market as well.

I also recently went through the Maverick experience, where there was already an established factory building Bronco Sports that didn't have the massive growing pains and delays to produce. Escape also uses the same platform and the power train options had been in use awhile too... Ford wouldn't even admit Maverick was in development to be a real product until a bunch of leaked photos got out and lots of pre-production test mule sightings happened nationwide, then they came out with a reveal date and introduced the Reservation system and retail preordering which had it's own problems and resulting bad PR. However, it was a hit and even with long delivery times up to a year it was well received by industry and public. The Maverick went into production in September after the reveal in June.

My hope and thinking is the Ranger roll out should more closely resemble the Bronco Sport and Maverick than the Bronco. #1 reason is 6G has already been in production in multiple locations for a year already, so there is a decent knowledge base there already that should transfer over seamlessly. #2 reason is the factory has been building the Bronco for some time now and shares platform and many parts with Bronco, so Ford isn't re-inventing the wheel to build this thing. I don't see why they would maintain a blackout building dealer stock before even revealing the NA Ranger? Seems backwards to me. I'd expect the reveal to be in Q1 then hit that May 2023 production start with delivery starting in Summer, but what do I know, lol

Sorry for the long novel :whew:

I'm cautiously optimistic this truck will be exactly what I want, but I'm struggling to understand the lack of anything getting out on the plans for us. Let's get the show on the road!

Reactions: MJE

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It's really hard to say what is actually going on with Broncos now, but it seems the higher end trims, especially Wildtrak and Badlands, are being hit the most at the moment. Dealers will get some Broncos to sell, but they will be mostly lower trim 4Dr's with soft tops, open differentials, 2.3L, auto and maybe mid-package if an Outer Banks.

There are commodity constraints/shortages, but no body knows for sure what is going on. The 2Dr Bronco has always been a constraint for one reason or another, and that's still true for the most part.

There's a thread on the Bronco 6G forums that was started about the rumor of Bronco's order banks opening up in late Feb.

Then there's another thread going that's going off the rumor the Bronco order banks won't open back up until much later this year so they can focus on legacy reservation/order holders (like my 2Dr order) and when it does open up, it'll be for the 2024 M.Y Bronco.

With the current Ranger's sales down quite a bit, and I'm betting it's because people are holding out for the 6G Ranger. Ford could be shifting the production line ratio of vehicles built towards the Bronco (parts permitting) until it's time to end the silence about the 6G Ranger. I don't see them hampering the new Ranger's production because it's going to sell relatively well, for the most part.

There was a plant shut down around July and there was speculation it was to get things ready for the new Ranger, but nothing was ever found out for sure if that's what it actually was for.

I'm keeping my Bronco order active and waiting to see the information about the Raptor. I know it's wishful thinking and a long shot, but it's the one I'm interested in and what the Bronco will end up being traded in on if it ends up being built first. (unlikely, but stranger things have happened)
Sponsored