• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor 2021 FordPass Connect Question

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
Good day!
I have been searching now quite a while for a solution of making use of FordPass Connect (mainly the remote start & stop function in combination with also running the air condition) for my ford ranger raptor. I have purchased the ford through an official ford dealer in Paraguay and have found out that ford only has contracts with AT&T. Therefore i sadly cant make any use of the FordPass Connect.... I would love to change the sim module/ sim card/ or find any other option?... Does anyone have any idea if this is possible? Or know any company that produces such reprogrammed modules/parts? I have searched a lot on the Internet but I guess this topic is very specific. All i could find is that the car runs on something like an E-Sim and therefore the sim cant just be exchanged. I hope someone here can help me and maybe give me some more information :D

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
So does Ford in Paraguay advertise the FordPass Connect as a feature? Does your Ranger even have the modem (it is behind the glove compartment on the passenger side I believe). FordPass is active in Australia, and they use a local telephone carrier here for the service.

OP
OP

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
Thank you soo much for your reply! The cars which are sold here by the official retailers come from the US as far as i understood… the modem is installed as far as i can see in the menu, since it allows me to initiate the setup. But when setting up it tells me following, see attachment. It was not advertised especially by them but they said it comes with maximum configuration the car… i would not mind just exchanging the modem…. Haha hope you can somehow further help me? would a foto of the modem help?

Attachments

OP
OP

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
So now i found out the official name for that modem, its the tcu i found some component location plans from the ranger 2019 but sadly it is not at the same location in the ranger raptor 2021… ill keep searching… im worried it is below the middle console, which im not sure how to open….

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you soo much for your reply! The cars which are sold here by the official retailers come from the US as far as i understood…
That can't be the case, Ranger Raptor is not built in the US. It'll come from South Africa, Argentina or Thailand. What is the first two digits of your VIN number?

What model year is yours?

OP
OP

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
Its the Ranger Raptor 2021 (T8 eco blue Disel bi turbo 213HP)
The vin starts with MP
Or do you need the first 2 numbers? They are 23…
All very strange… im so confused and i just want the remote start to work???
Im so glad for your help☺

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OK so modem is located behind the A/C fan motor in the passenger footwell, it's manufactured by Continental. There's a sticker with all the relevant info on the modem

OP
OP

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
So what i could find were this 2 parts see files attached… I guess it must be the silver one and not the black one, because the black one looks like the transmission control unit (tcu) since it says fomoco on the other side. The silver one sadly says nothing i can make use of :(

Attachments

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So what i could find were this 2 parts see files attached… I guess it must be the silver one and not the black one, because the black one looks like the transmission control unit (tcu) since it says fomoco on the other side. The silver one sadly says nothing i can make use of :(
None of them are the modem. Unfortunately the only documentation I have on it is for right hand drive vehicles, and I can't extract the pictures out. Maybe you don't have the modem, if it's disconnected the option will still be in Sync but you just get an error apparently.

OP
OP

Batx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2021
So strange… are there any third party systems which work decent? Maybe ill just go that way?

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation