• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor - 35’s

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
This may be a crazy idea, but have you guys looked into Portal Axles? They are currently available for Broncos and were used to win the 4600 class in King of the Hammers.

In theory, wouldnt this retain all of the RR suspension benefits, while also allowing for larger tires?

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to portal axles, but I was really surprised to hear a few teams running them at KOH.
Sponsored

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
This may be a crazy idea, but have you guys looked into Portal Axles? They are currently available for Broncos and were used to win the 4600 class in King of the Hammers.

In theory, wouldnt this retain all of the RR suspension benefits, while also allowing for larger tires?

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to portal axles, but I was really surprised to hear a few teams running them at KOH.
Portals would probably work to clear larger tires than 35"s, but there are considerably drawbacks as well. Things like cost, maintenance requirements, driveability, and the even wider track will make it undesirable for most.

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Portals would probably work to clear larger tires than 35"s, but there are considerably drawbacks as well. Things like cost, maintenance requirements, driveability, and the even wider track will make it undesirable for most.
That makes sense. I didn't consider whether or not people are using them for daily driving. I was just blown away that they have come far enough to rely on them for a KOH race rig.

Also, its fun to stoke the fire of these conversations while we all sit around and wait for our trucks to be delivered.

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
That makes sense. I didn't consider whether or not people are using them for daily driving. I was just blown away that they have come far enough to rely on them for a KOH race rig.

Also, its fun to stoke the fire of these conversations while we all sit around and wait for our trucks to be delivered.
Portals would be a hoot for sure! But not sure I would want it on my daily driver :) I'd rather take a Bronco Raptor than a Ranger Raptors on portals ;)
Sponsored