• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor VS Braptor…deal of the century

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
My local dealer has the Bronco Raptors (they have two) marked up by $25,000! What the hey is that all about?
Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
My local dealer has the Bronco Raptors (they have two) marked up by $25,000! What the hey is that all about?
Demand simply put. That’s the rate right now. According to my dealer I bought mine from at least. It’s not even customers it’s other dealers paying that to sell for even more.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
this could not possibly more false.
The Ranger R has the same engine as the Bronco R, which is not comparable to the Wildtrak engine. It has the same suspension tech with fox live valve, and much much more travel than the Wildtrak at 12in rear and 10in front. That’s much closer to the Bronco R than the Wildtrak.

I agree with OP. The RR is a good deal.
The Ranger Raptor has the same suspension “tech” as the Bronco Raptor with live valving but they’re completely different platform bases. As explained above by me the Bronco uses F-150 Raptor level suspension while the Ranger Raptor is less robust in size and capacity. When we went through development of the Bronco Wildtrak we took the first gen Ranger Raptor as a baseline. Sadly Fox wasn’t able to supply the parts for a solid launch but that’s all been fixed now and the 2023+ Bronco Wildtrak now comes how it was originally intended. Yes the Ranger Raptor stretches the front travel a smidge due to more wheel tuck but the watts link makes up the rear difference more than anything which was still a carryover number from the first gen Ranger Raptor.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The Ranger Raptor has the same suspension “tech” as the Bronco Raptor with live valving but they’re completely different platform bases. As explained above by me the Bronco uses F-150 Raptor level suspension while the Ranger Raptor is less robust in size and capacity. When we went through development of the Bronco Wildtrak we took the first gen Ranger Raptor as a baseline. Sadly Fox wasn’t able to supply the parts for a solid launch but that’s all been fixed now and the 2023+ Bronco Wildtrak now comes how it was originally intended. Yes the Ranger Raptor stretches the front travel a smidge due to more wheel tuck but the watts link makes up the rear difference more than anything which was still a carryover number from the first gen Ranger Raptor.
Is the Watts link noticeable as an improvement? Would it be noticeable on the street?

Last edited:

BSmith

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Occupation
QA
Besides the engine and transmission, they’re not even comparable. The Ranger Raptor is the truck equivalent of a Bronco Wildtrak
It’s nothing like the wildtrak

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Is the Watts link noticeable as an improvement? Would it be noticeable on the street?
No it wouldn’t be noticeable. It’s for off-road stability above all else.

It’s nothing like the wildtrak
As far as development effort it really is but again that’s coming from a bias of doing the development.

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Coming from a history of modded off-road trucks, the single biggest surprise for me was how stable the Ranger Raptor drives on the street! It's behavior reminds me more of the Audi s3

Body roll and nose-dive are almost non-existant, and shocks set on 'sport' setting stiffen up quite a bit.
Sponsored