• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SABER Ranger Club Thread

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Just picked up my ranger on Friday and immediately went to find some snow. Love the color with the magnetic rims. My leveling kit arrived yesterday and will be going on this weekend.

20191228_152803_HDR.jpg

20191228_152718.jpg
Congrats on your new truck,good choice too! ;) The Saber looks really good in the snow. I'd like to go up north to test mine out in it but then that would mean being in the cold weather. I'll just take everyones word and check out their pictures online while staying warm. :sun:
Sponsored

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats on your new truck,good choice too! ;) The Saber looks really good in the snow. I'd like to go up north to test mine out in it but then that would mean being in the cold weather. I'll just take everyones word and check out their pictures online while staying warm. :sun:
Hahaha, well, saber looks pretty darn good in the sand too as well as in snow!

Last edited:

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Just picked up my ranger on Friday and immediately went to find some snow. Love the color with the magnetic rims. My leveling kit arrived yesterday and will be going on this weekend.
Contrats!! Definitely looks nice in snow :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hahaha, well, saber looks pretty damn good in the sand too as well as in snow!
You're right but in the snow the color really stands out. :) I really like this color as it looks good and stands out in many different backdrops.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
At work early on a snowy Saturday morning. Got about 8-10" overnight, still a few more inches to come this morning before it tapers off. Wasn't expecting them to have plowed the work parking lot this early on a Saturday, but nice that they did. The roads on the way in hadn't really been touched in a while, but that's what makes it fun. Especially this early when there isn't really anyone else out to bother me or get in my way.

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20200118_055943463

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20200118_055956090

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I like the tailgate lettering. I'm thinking seriously about doing that once I find the time :)
The ABS plastic letters go on really easy,it took me about 10-15 minutes. I first went with the vinyl ones but found these and liked them a lot better. They come with a plastic film over the letter so if you get them make sure you peel that off too. I think that takes longer to do than the actual instal. lol

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_1442
Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_1443

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those. From the photo, it looks like they have some thickness and stiffness that would make them easier to put on than ones that are more like decals or stickers.

I noticed that if you leave out the first "R", you have "ANGER" ;) I wonder when we'll see that pop up somewhere, kinda like the "Toy"s and "Yo"s you see sometimes.. Another one I'm waiting for is someone to put the word "PARK" above "RANGER", LOL.

The ABS plastic letters go on really easy,it took me about 10-15 minutes. I first went with the vinyl ones but found these and liked them a lot better. They come with a plastic film over the letter so if you get them make sure you peel that off too. I think that takes longer to do than the actual instal. lol

IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those. From the photo, it looks like they have some thickness and stiffness that would make them easier to put on than ones that are more like decals or stickers.

I noticed that if you leave out the first "R", you have "ANGER" ;) I wonder when we'll see that pop up somewhere, kinda like the "Toy"s and "Yo"s you see sometimes.. Another one I'm waiting for is someone to put the word "PARK" above "RANGER", LOL.
Yes they're thick which makes them easier to apply and get them perfect. I had the vinyl ones first and they were a pain to apply but I did do it in the middle of August and it was scorching hot out which didn't help. lol If you go the vinyl route just use a spray bottle and a lot of soapy water and they move around easy. The E was the biggest PITA as it kept folding over like a wet noodle and sticking to itself!

Did you see Lones post last week. His Ranger had Anger problems lol :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/lone-has-an-attitude.5906/

Sponsored

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
LOL, that's a good thread!

EDIT: I'm looking at it and thinking if you were pretty good with the knife, you could move the middle bar of the R down, do a little patching, and have "DANGER". Hmmmmm ;)

Yes they're thick which makes them easier to apply and get them perfect. I had the vinyl ones first and they were a pain to apply but I did do it in the middle of August and it was scorching hot out which didn't help. lol If you go the vinyl route just use a spray bottle and a lot of soapy water and they move around easy. The E was the biggest PITA as it kept folding over like a wet noodle and sticking to itself!

Did you see Lones post last week. His Ranger had Anger problems lol :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/lone-has-an-attitude.5906/

Last edited:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Hi Dave,

To give you another tip, I went with these ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4CRB52/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The reason I did was that the gloss graphite is pretty much the same as the magnetic trim :)

Edit: also about that park ranger.. when I was a kid playing with Matchbox and whatever else toy cars, I always thought they were meant to be for park rangers :giggle: