• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The day has come!

Deepsea619

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
US Navy
The day has come! My R/R has been delivered. My delearship FaceTimed me this morning, the dealership manager was sitting in my truck. It was amazing seeing my truck finally. I am flying to meet her on the 15th then I get to driver it across the country. 1900 miles back home in Cali. I will post pictures of the drive.
Sponsored

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Green FJCruiser NSSE
How did you buy an out of state RR/ vehicle, I was told a Calif driver
would not be able to buy out of state.

scout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FiST
Congrats! I had a similar experience. Had to wait about 2-3 weeks after delivery to pick it up in Northern Indiana & just finished my drive to the Bay area in CA. The truck was amazing on the drive; wind, rain, snow, heavy traffic heavy rain urban interstate fast moving crazy traffic...the truck was amazing!

what's your route? I was I-80 the whole way.

This is the storm that closed the interstate in Truckee on Saturday... I drove thru about 2-3 hours before they closed it down. It was lots of fun alone on the road in this truck!

Good luck & enjoy your drive!

Ford Ranger The day has come! 20240504_115717-01

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I see your in the Navy, I take it you don't have a CA license, please
let me know. thanks

Sponsored

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Wow I guess I'm not the only one. I drove up to Fond Du Lac, WI in my Maverick from Vegas and then drove my RR back. I missed the tornadoes by a few hours, but hit the storm going up there.

Drive back was chill. Only hit weather in Colorado from Denver to Grand Junction.

I would highly recommend you take tools with you to change tires and/or do any wrenching if needed. I took most of my tools when I go off-roading. Bottle jack/impact gun/breaker bar/mini compressor/small bag of hand tools/tire plugs and my plug-in cooler full of food to make for my trip.

I didn't have to use my tools but I saved a couple on the side of the road in Iowa trying to get to the airport in time for their flight. They had a flat on their rental jeep and couldn't get the Jeep high enough to remove the tire.

The RR drives so smooth. Put it in cruise control and you will love the adaptive cruise control with lane keep assist. ❤❤

Ford Ranger The day has come! FunPic_20240505_112036758

Ford Ranger The day has come! FunPic_20240505_112255516

Ford Ranger The day has come! FunPic_20240505_112509078

Ford Ranger The day has come! Screenshot_20240505_111906_Gallery

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Congrats! I had a similar experience. Had to wait about 2-3 weeks after delivery to pick it up in Northern Indiana & just finished my drive to the Bay area in CA. The truck was amazing on the drive; wind, rain, snow, heavy traffic heavy rain urban interstate fast moving crazy traffic...the truck was amazing!

what's your route? I was I-80 the whole way.

This is the storm that closed the interstate in Truckee on Saturday... I drove thru about 2-3 hours before they closed it down. It was lots of fun alone on the road in this truck!

Good luck & enjoy your drive!

20240504_115717-01.jpeg
I also drove the I-80 a few hours after tornadoes hit a few weeks ago but I was in my Maverick driving up to Wisconsin. Took the same I-80 back but then went down to denver to take I-70.

gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 20 F-150 Raptor, 23 Taycan GTS
Occupation
Software
I Drove from Illinois to Denver over the last 2 days with my son. It was a great trip to pick up the new little brother (we also have a '21 F-150 Raptor). Seems a trend. Her she is safe in CO.

Ford Ranger The day has come! IMG_0414

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
I guess I'm that guy, because I drove back from Fond Du Luc, WI to Vegas in one day. 25hour. 😂😂😂

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could find that color around here, the dealer here only have white
or black on the there lots. the good news is I'm in no hurry,

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deepsea619

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
US Navy
I hope your saying bring tools for other oe
Wow I guess I'm not the only one. I drove up to Fond Du Lac, WI in my Maverick from Vegas and then drove my RR back. I missed the tornadoes by a few hours, but hit the storm going up there.

Drive back was chill. Only hit weather in Colorado from Denver to Grand Junction.

I would highly recommend you take tools with you to change tires and/or do any wrenching if needed. I took most of my tools when I go off-roading. Bottle jack/impact gun/breaker bar/mini compressor/small bag of hand tools/tire plugs and my plug-in cooler full of food to make for my trip.

I didn't have to use my tools but I saved a couple on the side of the road in Iowa trying to get to the airport in time for their flight. They had a flat on their rental jeep and couldn't get the Jeep high enough to remove the tire.

The RR drives so smooth. Put it in cruise control and you will love the adaptive cruise control with lane keep assist. ❤❤

FunPic_20240505_112036758.jpg

FunPic_20240505_112255516.jpg

FunPic_20240505_112509078.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_111906_Gallery.jpg

I hope your telling me to bring tools for other people’s trucks and not for my own.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Hey mister thats not a cherry coke on that seat. :LOL: :like:

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
I hope your saying bring tools for other oe

I hope your telling me to bring tools for other people’s trucks and not for my own.
Yes bring tools for you. It's up to you if you want to be a good person and help others. 😊

I just saw them trying to change the tire. And I had my tools to do it, so why not help. I do the same when I'm out on the trails.