• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Treimche's White Platinum Ranger

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Why run so much preload instead of running a lift to offset the preload? I ask because I'm about to install the Icon Stage 3 and debating preload to achieve the 3.5" lift I already have with the Rough Country.
Sponsored

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger. 2005 S2000. 2009 R1
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Why run so much preload instead of running a lift to offset the preload? I ask because I'm about to install the Icon Stage 3 and debating preload to achieve the 3.5" lift I already have with the Rough Country.
What do you mean by "running a lift to offset the preload"? Are you talking about adding a spacer on top of the coilover to add lift? I'm not about to stack parts like that. Other than adding preload to the Fox coilovers, a person could install longer or stiffer springs, but that's not something I know how to calculate. Maybe Fox would know what springs to use? Idk, but raising the collars in order to raise the front end was fairly easy. The front rides a little bit stiffer than when it was at Fox's pre-set height, but it is in no way stiff or harsh. It still rides a lot better than the stock FX4 shocks/springs. With the additional preload, the front closer matches the rear since the rear springs are still quite stiff. This setup rides great and I love it!

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger. 2005 S2000. 2009 R1
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Great build and an amazing looking truck - makes me wish I would have got a white lariet!
Thank you!! To be completely honest, I almost went with the blue, and I really love the blue still, but the white platinum is just so good.
Sponsored