• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
With my Shadow Black Raptor blended and awaiting transport since March 12th, I figured I'd head over to the NYIAS to see the baby Raptor in person and sit in it. I figured testing it out made sense before a 13hr drive north to pick it up from my chosen Michigan dealer.

Exterior Thoughts:
I think it looks awesome in person, and the 33" tires look plenty beefy on 17" wheels. Those of you lamenting the lack of 35s are buggin'. The F150 Raptor R parked next to it, on 37s with the same 17" wheels looked silly.

Size wise, I think it strikes a perfect balance. It looks smaller that my 2014 Ridgeline, a function of the chunky proportions. There was a standard Ranger present as well, without the side-steps; I think that looks better, so may remove the steps shortly after taking delivery. I am 6,1 with long legs - I found the steps mildly hindering my ingress & egress. I envision nailing my shins many a time getting in. My 5,2 significant other also preferred getting in & out of the standard Ranger to the side-stepped Raptor.

Interior Thoughts:
At 6,1 & 230lbs with long legs, I am always worried about seat comfort. I prefer substantive support under my knees. The Raptor's butt cushion delivers. Rib bolsters are BMW-Sport-Seat level good, while the butt bolsters are adequate - getting in and out is easy. The cabin cocooned me nicely, with everything in reach; it felt downright sportscar-esque...something that I cannot say about my Ridgeline nor my friend's brand-new Tundra. Both feel like trucks. The Raptor did not - sight lines appear to be excellent. Even my 5,2 Significant other was able to find a position that she felt was better than that of the Ridgeline.

For the back seat, I tested it in two ways: first with the front seat in my ideal driving position. Easy enough for my to get in and out of, with my knees touching the back. No entirely uncomfortable...I'd survive a couple hours back there. Second way was with the front seats higher, and the back-rest tilted a bit forward. Knees didn't touch. I don't have many friends or family members my height or taller...so we'll be fine. So said worst case, she can sit behind me. All-in-all, its slightly more roomy than the Ridgeline.

I would have liked to see Ford make the Code Orange highlights an option, rather than standard. Other than that, I was pleased with the built & material quality, especially after this truck has been abused through the Autoshow circuit. Plenty of random gouges in the plastics & scuffs in odd places (What THE HECK do people wear to cause damage THERE!?!?!?), but none of the leather was torn/ripped/scratched. Whatever the material is on the tops of the front door panels I would like to see on the back door panels...but as long as I can source something similar, I'll cover that myself.

Overall, extremely impressed and exited.
Ford Ranger Velocity Blue Raptor @ NYIAS - Photos & Feedback RR1
Ford Ranger Velocity Blue Raptor @ NYIAS - Photos & Feedback RR2

Last edited:

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Nice pics LFRR...There was no RRaptor, nor F150 Raptor at our local PA auto show😕. Just a HPR Lariat, chrome pkg, with no window sticker! Maybe bc it was not an "International" show. Anyway shortly thereafter my XLT showed up at the dealer. Hope you have the same luck👍