• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

How Easy is it to Keep Velocity Blue Clean?

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have a RR on order and am debating on if to change my color to VB and was wondering how difficult it is to keep clean.
Sponsored

Dcoop003

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I have a RR on order and am debating on if to change my color to VB and was wondering how difficult it is to keep clean.
Idk the answer to your question but I didn’t know this until I ordered. You have to decide before you get scheduled. From what I was told you can’t change your order anymore after that. So don’t take too long to decide!!! I changed mine twice.

OP
OP
1TruckLife

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Idk the answer to your question but I didn’t know this until I ordered. You have to decide before you get scheduled. From what I was told you can’t change your order anymore after that. So don’t take too long to decide!!! I changed mine twice.
I changed it.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
saw the blue in Brazil, liked it enough to second guess my Iconic Silver choice. Kept IS

OP
OP
1TruckLife

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
saw the blue in Brazil, liked it enough to second guess my Iconic Silver choice. Kept IS
Thanks for validating my decision lol

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Validation comes from within.......... I hope you get my sense of humor.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
I have the 2019 Majestic Blue Ranger, and soon a 2024 Velocity Blue Ranger (in production as of today) Keeping it clean is not an issue. It appears good to the eye regardless of if it's been washed today or washed a week ago.

Last edited:

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
My Velocity Blue Mach 1 was easy to keep clean and it looked great.

pappacrunch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Ford F100
Occupation
Retired
I have it on my Bronco and really don't have a problem keeping it clean. I ceramic coated it and it makes all the difference in the world. Washing is a breeze and bugs and grime come off easily. The best gift I gave myself and the bronco was a power washer. When my Raptor comes in I will be ceramic coating it as well. I ordered Shelter Green Metalic for the Ranger.

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I have it on my Bronco and really don't have a problem keeping it clean. I ceramic coated it and it makes all the difference in the world. Washing is a breeze and bugs and grime come off easily. The best gift I gave myself and the bronco was a power washer. When my Raptor comes in I will be ceramic coating it as well. I ordered Shelter Green Metalic for the Ranger.
I know many on this forum don't like chrome, but it seems the chrome would look good with VBlue. I was also convinced by several friends that swear by chrome being easier to clean. No idea if that's true or not...

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I know many on this forum don't like chrome, but it seems the chrome would look good with VBlue. I was also convinced by several friends that swear by chrome being easier to clean. No idea if that's true or not...
Maybe easier to clean but when its chipped you just can't put a little touch up paint on it.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Velocity Blue is not my favorite but I chose it become its the best that I liked.. I liked the Metalic Blue or Lightning Blue… i can’t remember the actual name but it’s pretty much the blue that Chevy is using now… I had the same Velocity Blue on my previous Ranger and had no issues with keeping it clean.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
My order exactly. I'll let you all know how it holds up once I actually have the thing.
Ford Ranger How Easy is it to Keep Velocity Blue Clean? Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 09.54.26

I think certain colors look better with Chrome and others with Sport. You can guess which I thought looks better with VB.
The 6G doesn't have a lot of chrome front surface area though. My 5G has a Chrome bumper, which doesn't show dirt too much. It's not really as easy to clean as the paint though. It tends to be a little hazy. The chrome-like PVD wheels, however, are easy to clean and still look good when I'm lazy and don't clean them.

Last edited:

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
That’s what I ordered.

Ford Ranger How Easy is it to Keep Velocity Blue Clean? IMG_3187