• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

If I bail should I keep order, buy and flip it?

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I must admit I won’t be doing any off-roading in the Ranger Raptor. Just love the looks of it. I would imagine repairs etc will be a lot more expensive on the RR than let’s say a Ridgeline. Just looking for functionality of a truck with the bed and maybe the ability to tow if I ever need it.
One of my fears is that these trucks could end up being really expensive to maintain in a few years. Nobody can know for a fact how reliable the RR with all its bells and whistles will be over time.

You could wait for the truck you really wanted, have no regrets about getting to own it, and sell it when the time comes... But test drive the Ridgeline, if you haven't already. If it's all the truck you need, see if it's enough of the truck you want.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I've been looking hard at the '24 Toyota Land Cruiser, except it seems like pretty poor value for money relative to the RRaptor, given that a base Land Cruiser will be about the same price.

I really wish Ford would sell the Everest here instead of the Explorer.
The Everest is very nice, seen many videos of them on youtube.

OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Well, with the kid on the way I entertained the idea of going to look and test drive a ‘24 Honda Ridgeline. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. It’s a fantastic ride (unibody) and seems to have a ton of functionality. This thing has heated and ventilated seats (even heated in rear), sunroof, powered rear window, back seats have climate control and vents, redesigned interior, folding rear mirrors etc.

May end up biting the bullet and saving $17k to sock away in a high yield savings account.

I’ve never had a turbo engine, especially twin turbo and even the thought of those breaking down and needing to be replaced gives me anxiety. Naturally aspirated just seems to go forever when properly maintained and might be the best choice for me at this point in my life.

Not going to lie, will be bummed about not sticking with the RR but hopefully somewhere down the line I’ll have another chance to pick one up.

Reactions: MJE

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Do whatever is best for your family.
My situation is different, being old and not having kids. The Ridgeline just doesn't have the cool factor that the RR does. It looks kind of soccer mom-ish to me.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Well, with the kid on the way I entertained the idea of going to look and test drive a ‘24 Honda Ridgeline. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. It’s a fantastic ride (unibody) and seems to have a ton of functionality. This thing has heated and ventilated seats (even heated in rear), sunroof, powered rear window, back seats have climate control and vents, redesigned interior, folding rear mirrors etc.

May end up biting the bullet and saving $17k to sock away in a high yield savings account.

I’ve never had a turbo engine, especially twin turbo and even the thought of those breaking down and needing to be replaced gives me anxiety. Naturally aspirated just seems to go forever when properly maintained and might be the best choice for me at this point in my life.

Not going to lie, will be bummed about not sticking with the RR but hopefully somewhere down the line I’ll have another chance to pick one up.
get trailsport model.

OP
OP

easyheimer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Do whatever is best for your family.
My situation is different, being old and not having kids. The Ridgeline just doesn't have the cool factor that the RR does. It looks kind of soccer mom-ish to me.
Fair enough! I appreciate your opinion.
Sponsored