• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wannabe Ranger Raptor

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
My video posted from TFL truck! Here’s the link! Thanks to editing turned out better then I thought!

Great interview and great looking truck!:like: But are you really reading 15-16mpg?! I'm lifted with 285/70-17 and my read out is an even 18 city and 23 highwayo_O

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Great interview and great looking truck!:like: But are you really reading 15-16mpg?! I'm lifted with 285/70-17 and my read out is an even 18 city and 23 highwayo_O
yup the highest I’ve gotten is 16 something. My trip up to Colorado averages 16.3 I think. Thought daily driving the remote start kills some of the mileage.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
yup the highest I’ve gotten is 16 something. My trip up to Colorado averages 16.3 I think. Thought daily driving the remote start kills some of the mileage.
Wow hope it gets better with milage...I remote start mine every morning for at least 10 minutes as well...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Wow hope it gets better with milage...I remote start mine every morning for at least 10 minutes as well...
really?? I don’t do that long so that’s weird.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Great interview - for mileage did you adjust the computer to the new tires? If not, your speedo would be off and also your mileage if you are just relying on the truck to compute it. It does seem a bit low.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Great interview - for mileage did you adjust the computer to the new tires? If not, your speedo would be off and also your mileage if you are just relying on the truck to compute it. It does seem a bit low.
ya I haven’t done a Speedo change yet but typically I haven’t noticed a huge change in mpg when I’ve changed it. But something I’ll do and report back on.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
How does one adjust the computer for new tires? I'm pretty sure my actual milage must be greater as I'm traveling further with my 285s. At indicated 66mph, I'm actually doing 70 in GPS...

Sponsored

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Nice job, I liked the video

I hope your MPG gets better

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
ya I haven’t done a Speedo change yet but typically I haven’t noticed a huge change in mpg when I’ve changed it. But something I’ll do and report back on.
in my GX I went from 265/65/17 to 255/80/17 and my speedometer is about 9% off. So I can take my hand calculated MPG and add 10% to get a more accurate number. Most times it works out close to what the computer says

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
How does one adjust the computer for new tires? I'm pretty sure my actual milage must be greater as I'm traveling further with my 285s. At indicated 66mph, I'm actually doing 70 in GPS...

In forscan. It’s pretty easy.

Go to forscan.org and sign up and request a trial period key. Buy a obdii connector and install the drivers.

open the program, connect to truck, find the body module, change tire size and write.

I changed mine to 2540mm and I’m really close. Within 1mph at 55. I’m probably gonna settle around 2520-30 with fine tuning on ridge grapplers 285/70/17.

sorry for the thread hi jack.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
In forscan. It’s pretty easy.

Go to forscan.org and sign up and request a trial period key. Buy a obdii connector and install the drivers.

open the program, connect to truck, find the body module, change tire size and write.

I changed mine to 2540mm and I’m really close. Within 1mph at 55. I’m probably gonna settle around 2520-30 with fine tuning on ridge grapplers 285/70/17.

sorry for the thread hi jack.
Thanks for the info...I guess that's my next mod...:)

BTW...I suppose this cable interface is to connect to PC for programming?

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri