• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension?

Yague

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2024
Occupation
Pilot
Hi all
I had order a RR and would like to increase the front height to remove the nose down style.
seams that we could lift the front end by 3 ways:
- new springs
- top spacer
- inner collar
Of course each one will change the live fox performance in different ways.
could anyone help me to understand witch one method should be bette with less negative affect to the performance?
best
Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't seen any conclusive testing with the Fox Live shocks. Based on what we've been told, the shock calibration is adjusting based on measured vehicle motion and shock position in travel. So which ever method of raising the front end leaves those values changed the least should have the least impact on the performance. One way to solve the problem, and I don't know if anyone offers it, is to also remap the shock calibration to go along with one of the 3 options you mention. IMO, we're paying a big premium for the suspension upgrade on the RR and I'd need to have some validation of performance before adding a kit that changes it, but that's just me. I'm sure a year from now we'll have enough real life feed back from people that did make changes to know how good, or bad, they are.

There is a lot of info on this topic in the F150 Raptor communities. I assume most of it will also apply to the RR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yague

Yague

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2024
Occupation
Pilot
I haven't seen any conclusive testing with the Fox Live shocks. Based on what we've been told, the shock calibration is adjusting based on measured vehicle motion and shock position in travel. So which ever method of raising the front end leaves those values changed the least should have the least impact on the performance. One way to solve the problem, and I don't know if anyone offers it, is to also remap the shock calibration to go along with one of the 3 options you mention. IMO, we're paying a big premium for the suspension upgrade on the RR and I'd need to have some validation of performance before adding a kit that changes it, but that's just me. I'm sure a year from now we'll have enough real life feed back from people that did make changes to know how good, or bad, they are.

There is a lot of info on this topic in the F150 Raptor communities. I assume most of it will also apply to the RR.
Completely agree.
I will not change a screw without a good valuation from the experts.
Btw, the RR are perfect as it came. If we can improve something without lost performance… i’ll do

SwIeTyY

First Name
Milosz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2023, Edge ST 2018
I installed a set of springs from Eibach, available at my authorized service center. The springs are thicker and stiffer. The Raptor is 30 mm taller.

OP
OP
Yague

Yague

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2024
Occupation
Pilot
I installed a set of springs from Eibach, available at my authorized service center. The springs are thicker and stiffer. The Raptor is 30 mm taller.
Great. Any diference on the handling? Suspension should be stiffer, no?
Btw, the new spring change the neutral position of the shocks, and probably, change the internal bypass positions. Should you do any remap of the electronics on the live fox?

Sponsored

SwIeTyY

First Name
Milosz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2023, Edge ST 2018
Dzięki temu auto stało się sztywniejsze. Nic nie zmieniali w ustawieniach amortyzatorów. Jest to zestaw oferowany przez dostępne urządzenia. Zleciłem także montaż w autoryzowanym serwisie. Dodatkowe mam zamontowane, wykonane przez nich dystanse rozstaw osi o 60 mm:)

Zestaw wiosenny Raptor

Last edited:

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
This appears to be the safest/proper way:

According to him, the ride is slightly stiffer up front, which makes sense, because the spring is more compressed normally, than stock.

OP
OP
Yague

Yague

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2024
Occupation
Pilot

Yep, but according this other one, spacers could be the bette way, since you don’t change the interior position of the shock piston relative to the bypass holes. They also remap the neutral position of the livefox after the new position…
make more sense for me.
Thats the discussion…

This appears to be the safest/proper way:

According to him, the ride is slightly stiffer up front, which makes sense, because the spring is more compressed normally, than stock.
this one

Sponsored

JN75

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I have also the Eibach Springs.
And after the Lift i have calibrate the high Sensors with the Forscan Lite App and a OBD adapter. I is easy to do.

Octavian

First Name
Octavian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2023, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
pilot, whenever i find the time
I also had the eibach springs installed for my RR, however the ride is very hard now on tarmac. Factory springs were a pleasure, however now I feel the ride very stiff. Speed bumps at low speed (18 mph/30kmh) are almost none dampened. However the faster I go, better it is.The springs were dealer installed, however I am curios if it is a matter of adjusting the height sensors or it is just how it should be. Under 35mph (50kmh) it is no longer a pleasure (that with 2.1 bar tyre pressure).

However offroad clearance and looks are awesome.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger