• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Where do I look up to see if my trucks modules have popped?

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I know it has been discussed on here before but i forget how to find this information.
Sponsored

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
How do I open the file? its downloading as a .ab file
You don’t open anything, when you supply your vin, the screen may be initially blank but as your vehicle is built, you will see many lines of programming code. Once the “tear tag” is populated at the top of the screen, the programming (and probably the build) is complete.

OP
OP
1TruckLife

1TruckLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ranger Raptor (On Order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You don’t open anything, when you supply your vin, the screen may be initially blank but as your vehicle is built, you will see many lines of programming code. Once the “tear tag” is populated at the top of the screen, the programming (and probably the build) is complete.
Gotcha, Thank you!!!

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Worked- I entered VIN, saw the that there was a tear tag, mine had shown built sometime this weekend I guess. Interesting.....MANY lines of code :)

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
As a follow up, that BCM Module "code" will look something like this...

Ford Ranger Where do I look up to see if my trucks modules have popped? IMG_0457.JPEG

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Build week was last week with a Blend date of Friday. No modules showing yet today. I believe I read on here that the modules usually show the next day after build. Anyone else have it take several before they show up?

ec99

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Ordered Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Personal Trainer
What are modules for/what do they mean?

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Build week was last week with a Blend date of Friday. No modules showing yet today. I believe I read on here that the modules usually show the next day after build. Anyone else have it take several before they show up?
Keep us posted on when you see modules. mine's just a couple days later than yours (today is blend). Looking at the spreadsheet, for those with blend dates in april (I ignored jan-mar since those seemed wonky with all the delays/rust/etc), some reported a 1 day difference between blend/built, and others up to 9 business days later (nearly 2 weeks). But the sample size is only about 6 trucks in the sheet.

@ec99 he's talking about "as built" https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt

Sponsored

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
It is showing today. Yay! No tear tag yet, but I least I have modules. :)

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
It is showing today. Yay! No tear tag yet, but I least I have modules. :)
I think my tear tag took two days to appear

Reactions: DMC

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Tear tag just showed up a few minutes ago!

#superakcraig - you should be close to delivery aren't you? If I recall, you got bumped UP 2 weeks.

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
What are modules for/what do they mean?
Ethan I realized I responded to you with just a link to the asbuilt, but your question is what do they mean. For most of us it doesn't matter, just the fact that modules show up mean that the truck is further down the line being built. No modules listed mean it's still early in the build or the build has not started. At a high level the modules have to do with the internal computer system of how the electrical components talk to each other in the vehicle.

I'm now anxious like a father in the waiting room for a newborn refreshing the page until modules show up.... If timing is consistent then compared to DMC's above, I should see modules on my build tomorrow since his blend was 3 work days prior to mine. Hoping so!

Reactions: DMC

ec99

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Ordered Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Ethan I realized I responded to you with just a link to the asbuilt, but your question is what do they mean. For most of us it doesn't matter, just the fact that modules show up mean that the truck is further down the line being built. No modules listed mean it's still early in the build or the build has not started. At a high level the modules have to do with the internal computer system of how the electrical components talk to each other in the vehicle.

I'm now anxious like a father in the waiting room for a newborn refreshing the page until modules show up.... If timing is consistent then compared to DMC's above, I should see modules on my build tomorrow since his blend was 3 work days prior to mine. Hoping so!
Got it, appreciate the reply. My blend date was 5/8, in production 5/9 and have a tear tag and modules
Sponsored