• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Already saw 3 new Tacomas in my area ...where's the next gen Ranger (my dealer still doesnt even have a display model!)

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I've come across 3 next gen Tacoma in my area as of this week. Spotted a OR trim in Costco parking lot yesterday and several people were looking at it (not sure where the owner was..lol). So it appears sales are already happening for Tacoma even at the ridiculous $50k price (for a mid size truck).

I called my local Ford dealer and they still don't have a display/demo vehicle in showroom. They've been telling me "its coming next month" since Jan. I wonder how many potential customers Ford is losing over to Tacoma already. And when I asked about actual availability, they don't have any eta whatsoever other than a "possible summer" timeline.

Rant out ....have a good sunday!
Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Tacomas have been hitting lots for a little over a month now. Hopefully Ford can get Rangers out soon šŸ¤žšŸ»

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger Sprt 4x4, Blue, 27k miles- Garage Kept
Sorry but what connection is there between the Tacoma and the Ranger?

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
ford and vehicle launches seem to have a history of being bad, real bad. prime recent examples are bronco and maverick

Ranger Raptor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse-Mach E GTPE-Ranger Raptor šŸ¤ž
ford and vehicle launches seem to have a history of being bad, real bad. prime recent examples are bronco and maverick
Escape and Mustang to the list. Had both on order and the escape was delayed 6 months for a software issue. Mustang was Quality issues.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
New Tacoma is the ugliest mid-size truck on the market right now. Be the last one Iā€™d pick up. Probably beat out the frontier still thoughā€¦.maybe

Last edited:

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
Yeahā€¦I think ford really missed a competitive edge, had they been able to be producing mid last year as planned.

I get it, strike ya ya, but it sure had consequences.

Donā€™t change me, Iā€™m waiting a few years, for the ranger to get more reliable, then Iā€™ll hop in

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Went to our cityā€™s auto show on Thursday where my usual Ford sales dude was one of the guys manning their booth. Whereā€™s the Ranger? Strike ya da ya da. They should start arriving mid April Here. Which might beat out Toyota, Iā€™ve finally seen one Taco out the other day, but getting your hands on one (or the LC or GX) sounds like an exercise in waiting on an allocation for months if not years. As the Ford dude put it, theyā€™re kind of a victim of their own success, unable to produce enough to meet demand, hence the allocations.

Of course if I want a Ranger, he could have me one in 2-4 months depending if he has a stock order close or we do a custom order. It seems if Ford could pull off these vehicle launches, they really could have some competitive advantage! Of course to do that they need to actually get cars out on the road.

Sponsored

MidnightBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Went to our cityā€™s auto show on Thursday where my usual Ford sales dude was one of the guys manning their booth. Whereā€™s the Ranger? Strike ya da ya da. They should start arriving mid April Here. Which might beat out Toyota, Iā€™ve finally seen one Taco out the other day, but getting your hands on one (or the LC or GX) sounds like an exercise in waiting on an allocation for months if not years. As the Ford dude put it, theyā€™re kind of a victim of their own success, unable to produce enough to meet demand, hence the allocations.

Of course if I want a Ranger, he could have me one in 2-4 months depending if he has a stock order close or we do a custom order. It seems if Ford could pull off these vehicle launches, they really could have some competitive advantage! Of course to do that they need to actually get cars out on the road.
Already seeing Tacos on the road. Ford usually pumps out around 50,000 F150s a month. 5000 Rangers a month should be nothing.

They are still having trouble building Broncos and that launched in 2021.

Yes there was a strike, supply issues, QC, demand etc. but they really need to get their house in order. Demand is a good thing. Why is this plant having so many issues?

Reactions: MJE

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
New Tacoma is the ugliest mid-size truck on the market right now. Be the last one Iā€™d pick up. Probably beat out the frontier still thoughā€¦.maybe
Not me, I'd take the Frontier over the Taco any day.
I saw a bit of Micah Drives Tacoma on youtube the other day and I don't know how Toyota made the interior uglier than the exterior. I would not have thought that possible; that truck is hideous...

I think the Frontier looks better than the GM twins on the outside. GM is chasing that ugly Toyota look.

Drumz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger.
Occupation
Drummer
Over in Ypsilanti Mi where thereā€™s an old Ford facility not being used and thereā€™s a s**t ton of Rangers and Broncos parked over there. Rangers in one lot Broncos in the lot right next to them. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Not me, I'd take the Frontier over the Taco any day.
I saw a bit of Micah Drives Tacoma on youtube the other day and I don't know how Toyota made the interior uglier than the exterior. I would not have thought that possible; that truck is hideous...

I think the Frontier looks better than the GM twins on the outside. GM is chasing that ugly Toyota look.
Ya I probably would end up taking the Frontier as well. Couldnā€™t agree more with the interior of the Tacomaā€¦.just doesnā€™t look good to me either

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over in Ypsilanti Mi where thereā€™s an old Ford facility not being used and thereā€™s a s**t ton of Rangers and Broncos parked over there. Rangers in one lot Broncos in the lot right next to them. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Good callout...I checked this out on google streetview and this lot looks to match the pictures we got a few months back.

Old pics: https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/spied-lot-full-of-2024-ranger-trucks-awaiting-shipment.8755/

The last image specifically (with the concrete barriers) matches this gate at that parking lot

Ford Ranger Already saw 3 new Tacomas in my area ...where's the next gen Ranger (my dealer still doesnt even have a display model!) 1710166528117

Ford Ranger Already saw 3 new Tacomas in my area ...where's the next gen Ranger (my dealer still doesnt even have a display model!) 1710166538161