• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Already saw 3 new Tacomas in my area ...where's the next gen Ranger (my dealer still doesnt even have a display model!)

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Good callout...I checked this out on google streetview and this lot looks to match the pictures we got a few months back.

Old pics: https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/spied-lot-full-of-2024-ranger-trucks-awaiting-shipment.8755/

The last image specifically (with the concrete barriers) matches this gate at that parking lot

1710166528117.png

1710166538161.jpeg
11 miles from the plant. I'll be curious to see what everybody's odometer shows at delivery. Still unsure how that one guy who got Fordpass activated already had 75 miles on his truck.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still unsure how that one guy who got Fordpass activated already had 75 miles on his truck.
eh i think this may have been mentioned in one of ATN's ranger videos. Essentially for any first run of a brand new model this is common as the QC process is more stringent. Sounds like the same thing was seen during the first bronco/mav builds as well.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Not me, I'd take the Frontier over the Taco any day.
I saw a bit of Micah Drives Tacoma on youtube the other day and I don't know how Toyota made the interior uglier than the exterior. I would not have thought that possible; that truck is hideous...

I think the Frontier looks better than the GM twins on the outside. GM is chasing that ugly Toyota look.
I got tired of the Ford waiting game and got my 2024 Frontier back on Dec 13. Had a test drive previous to that at same dealer. I got the configuration I was hoping to have in a Ranger: Extended cab + 6' bed. 1200 miles on it now and surpassed my expectations for comfort, handling, power, MPG and features for the price point. Coming from a Maverick I was used to having some getting used to on the looks but it grew on me pretty quick and everything about it just works for me at this point :like:

You can easily find them on lots and get a test drive too. Worth at least checking out IMO

cpnkirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Just searched through ford's page today. 2 lariats within 100 miles of me. Probably both "in transit" but that's 2 more than I've seen!

Sponsored

Mhutch1212

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Parts Manager
I've come across 3 next gen Tacoma in my area as of this week. Spotted a OR trim in Costco parking lot yesterday and several people were looking at it (not sure where the owner was..lol). So it appears sales are already happening for Tacoma even at the ridiculous $50k price (for a mid size truck).

I called my local Ford dealer and they still don't have a display/demo vehicle in showroom. They've been telling me "its coming next month" since Jan. I wonder how many potential customers Ford is losing over to Tacoma already. And when I asked about actual availability, they don't have any eta whatsoever other than a "possible summer" timeline.

Rant out ....have a good sunday!
How is $50k ridiculous for a mid size truck? My 2024 Ranger is $49515 if I ever get it.

Mhutch1212

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Parts Manager
Just searched through ford's page today. 2 lariats within 100 miles of me. Probably both "in transit" but that's 2 more than I've seen!
My dealer shows one on there home page but it has been in transit for months they told me

Creator1113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes 2017, BMW M5 Comp.2022, Ranger Raptor2023
Occupation
Private
Think it's all about demand. I have owned the new Ranger Raptor for about 1 year now and am happy with it. The Toyota Tacoma is not being talked about here at all, but it is happening in the EU. The regular Ranger as well as the Ranger Raptor have good sales in the EU, Australia, South Africa, etc. around the world. I'm honestly a bit surprised that it's still hard to find in its native USA...

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm honestly a bit surprised that it's still hard to find in its native USA...
unfortunately just a bad set of circumstances that made the launch take so long between USA vs rest of the world. from different EPA standards to the UAW strike.

all told we've only really been delayed ~90 days from the original launch timeframe (fall/winter 2023 was the planned date). it's not as bad as people here make it seem.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
unfortunately just a bad set of circumstances that made the launch take so long between USA vs rest of the world. from different EPA standards to the UAW strike.

all told we've only really been delayed ~90 days from the original launch timeframe (fall/winter 2023 was the planned date). it's not as bad as people here make it seem.
I first learned of the "new" Ranger from my dealer while test driving our new F-150... in March of 2018! I told him I'd seen some ads and promotions for it and was considering attending a test drive event in AZ or UT but wasn't impressed with what I saw. He said no, that is the interim model (5G) based on Australia truck Ford will sell as a placeholder while the all new (6G) is ready to release in the next year or 2. :yawn: He advised that 1 would be all new and I should probably wait for that even though he might be losing a sale informing me about all this.

They eventually got some 2019 new models in and I sat in it and hated everything about it after owning 4 previous Rangers from 1987-2006. I wasn't in a big hurry to buy just then and put it on the back burner. Sometime later rumors of the new mini truck surfaced and I started paying attention again. Kept in touch with sales guy and kept asking about the Maverick and whole dealership was clueless until a factory training event. I ended up buying 1 as a place holder intending to trade it back to them on a new 6G Ranger in maybe 1 year based on their best guess. Obviously, that came and went with no Ranger on the horizon while I was totally ready for my new mid-size truck and went another direction that works for me and not looking back. Their loss :ontheloo:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm happy for you or sad it happened. Not sure what any of that has to do with what I said
Sponsored