• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I might not wait. I'm irritated that it's been pushed back yet another year to 2023. I was already getting antsy when I thought I had to wait one year. Now it's two years apparently?! I already sold my F150 a few months ago in preparation to making a midsize purchase. I don't think I can wait two years to get back into a truck.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
The new Ranger is going to be a heavy refresh of the current one, so as far as interior space is concerned, the current Ranger is a pretty good indication of what it will be (especially the rear seats). The materials as you say will be more like the Bronco.
I suspect the interior dimensions will grow some on the SuperCrew. I doubt Ford would have designed the Maverick with more legroom than their larger redesigned Midsize? As it stands now, the Maverick has more legroom than the current Ranger SuperCrew and the F-150 SuperCab.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Senior Rx Automation Consultant

VegasTrojan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America
Vehicle(s)
Planning on getting a truck.
Would be nice to have the '23 but with a little luck I'll be driving a new Ranger Tremor very soon. If it hadn't been for the shut down affecting business I'd already be in one. Color will be a hard choice. Like Race Red, Rapid Red, Velocity Blue and Cyber Orange. Might have to throw a dart lol

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
I can't justify spending $40k on the current gen Ranger. The interior is my biggest gripe - needs below-seat storage, 60/40 option (ideally with fold-flat seats or at least more space underneath), more utility/efficient use of the space, more modern layout/tech - replace the god awful HVAC layout. Material quality is fine. My second biggest gripe is that push button start and LED lights are locked behind the Lariat trim and not an option on XLT. Third biggest gripe is the tiny fuel tank. Fourth is a lack of trunk utility - get some of that flexbed action up in here. That said, I love the powertrain. Strongly considering a 2023 Ranger/Colorado/Tacoma or bumping up to the F-150, just waiting for info. Looking forward to Nov 24, but not the timeline. If Ford did the below, I'd probably have a Ranger on order.
Ford Ranger Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck? 1636249323389

Last edited:

BlockRanger11

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda accord
Occupation
Associate Manager
The interior on the current gen… is so bad…. I will wait… if the price increase isn’t wild

95 Ford Splash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Lariat
Sadly I didn't wait due to needing to something to tow ASAP. I was lucky enough to order my F150 and receive it in May before the chip shortage truly hurt.

I will be trading in my Lariat for a high end Ranger. It's just too big. The new Ranger will be very comparable in size to older Gen 11 and 12 F150s.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I suspect the interior dimensions will grow some on the SuperCrew. I doubt Ford would have designed the Maverick with more legroom than their larger redesigned Midsize? As it stands now, the Maverick has more legroom than the current Ranger SuperCrew and the F-150 SuperCab.
A new YT video shows the interior of the 23 and its wider. The center armrest is allot bigger. The person commenting is saying its a new ladder frame. I was thinking it would be the same T6 chassis but this new teaser video appears the cabin is larger. They really need to offer the 2.7 and I'm not just saying on a very expensive raptor trim. It needs to be an option on the XLT at the very least. There will be hybrid options I hear. Australia will officially reveal their version of the next gen on Nov 24. We will know allot more very soon.

Attachments

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
A new YT video shows the interior of the 23 and its wider. The center armrest is allot bigger. The person commenting is saying its a new ladder frame. I was thinking it would be the same T6 chassis but this new teaser video appears the cabin is larger. They really need to offer the 2.7 and I'm not just saying on a very expensive raptor trim. It needs to be an option on the XLT at the very least. There will be hybrid options I hear. Australia will officially reveal their version of the next gen on Nov 24. We will know allot more very soon.
Those interior shots are from the F-150, unfortunately. And the most expensive trim, at that.
Ford Ranger Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck? 2021-ford-f-150

Sponsored

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Yeah, that was a weird clickbait video that didn't add any new information, lol.
So true. Tomorrow we will see the unveil in Australia. And the click click bate will be put to rest. I hope. Except for the NA motors/trans.

TexasDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2019 Ranger XLT
I'm not waiting. I traded my 2019 Ranger for a 2022 Frontier and I'm loving life. I've always been a Nissan guy though. I will say that even though the Ranger didn't end up being the forever truck I had hoped it would be, it sure took care of me financially. The massive incentives Ford was giving in 2019 coupled with the crazy appreciation of trucks the last couple years really worked in my favor. This was the first (and probably the last) time owning a car has ever been profitable for me, and for that I'm very very thankful.

I did watch the reveal video just now and I like what I see. The interior and front end updates address all my cosmetic gripes. The bouncy ride and jerky transmission experience I had on my FX4 were really what soured me though. Refinements in those arenas would be welcome.

Last edited:

Frosty 2019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
Hopefully, they will have "the Chip" in them!!!
Sponsored