• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why no driver side A-Pillar with hand grip in US Ranger?

Chief Red Feather

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired US Army
why is there no driver side A-Pillar with hand grip on the US market for the Ranger. The ones made in Australia have them on both sides. these should standard or optional those who desire the one onthe driver side of the US Ranger.
Sponsored

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I thought it would help my wife get in and out easier if it had one. But I did notice that the hand grip obstructs your vision quite a bit on the passenger side. It's kind of a love/hate scenario, especially if you are and older driver.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
If the pillar is the same underneath (I don't see why it wouldn't be) you can order the parts and install the handle yourself. Our Australian PX1 (2011-2014) Rangers didn't come with the driver's side hand grip either, lots added it themselves. Our PX2 and PX3 models (2015-2022) came with the handles on both sides.

OP
OP

Chief Red Feather

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired US Army
If the pillar is the same underneath (I don't see why it wouldn't be) you can order the parts and install the handle yourself. Our Australian PX1 (2011-2014) Rangers didn't come with the driver's side hand grip either, lots added it themselves. Our PX2 and PX3 models (2015-2022) came with the handles on both sides.

OP
OP

Chief Red Feather

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired US Army
I tried to order one, but never could find a seller on the internet; however, I did find a listing on Amazon for one. I ordered it but when it came it did not have the correct bracket to fit my 2019 Ranger. I had to do some modification to make it fit.
I tried to find ford dealership in Austrasia that would ship one to my local dealership, but never got any returns on my e-mails. I will be ordering a 2024 Ranger as soon as the order banks open for the 2024 Rangers.
If there is not one on my new Ranger, then maybe someone who lives in Austrasia can buy and ship me one here in the US. I am a senior citizen 80 years old and sure helps me get in and out of my truck.

Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I think someone on the 5G forums bought the parts but there might not be mounts underneath the plastic in the US spec Rangers. There might be an airbag in that pillar as well. Not too sure.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I think someone on the 5G forums bought the parts but there might not be mounts underneath the plastic in the US spec Rangers. There might be an airbag in that pillar as well. Not too sure.
No airbag in the pillar, but it wouldn't surprise me if the fastener holes aren't there for the US Rangers.
Sponsored