Sponsored

Windshield cleaning

yelnoc2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Aug 20, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
196
Reaction score
147
Location
Geneseo, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor w/Ford Perf tune and S&B CAI, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Occupation
Retired
This - something like this, so many sell the same thing - popped up in my FB feed and I have trouble completely cleaning outside and more challenges inside....the videos make it (always do) look great and conceptually it seems like it should work with the magentics- I'm short and old and would really like it if there were some experiences/recommendations.
Ford Ranger Windshield cleaning 1791151613453-os
Sponsored

 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
571
Reaction score
492
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
We have a similar style, but it's triangular, so you can work it in corner spots easier. Works pretty well with a little Lemon Pledge or something. Lemon Pledge works great on windshields. I even use it on my motorcycle helmet. The device makes it a little easier on the arms trying to reach all areas of the inside of the windshield. I would not use it outside, that's stupid. I just use the squeegee at the gas station. (No, they don't leave scratches. Just dunk them real good first.)
 
OP
OP
yelnoc2

yelnoc2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Aug 20, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
196
Reaction score
147
Location
Geneseo, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor w/Ford Perf tune and S&B CAI, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Occupation
Retired
We have a similar style, but it's triangular, so you can work it in corner spots easier. Works pretty well with a little Lemon Pledge or something. Lemon Pledge works great on windshields. I even use it on my motorcycle helmet. The device makes it a little easier on the arms trying to reach all areas of the inside of the windshield. I would not use it outside, that's stupid. I just use the squeegee at the gas station. (No, they don't leave scratches. Just dunk them real good first.)
I have a triangular one, only one-sided, what seemed to be better in their hype is the two-sided. Invisible Glass is my go to and I have tried many, many brans and it IMO is orders of magnitude better than any other I've used. Doulbe sided seems too good to be better than what I have so that was why I was asking.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
571
Reaction score
492
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
I have a triangular one, only one-sided, what seemed to be better in their hype is the two-sided. Invisible Glass is my go to and I have tried many, many brans and it IMO is orders of magnitude better than any other I've used. Doulbe sided seems too good to be better than what I have so that was why I was asking.
Two-sided? You mean the cleaning head is two-sided? Looks like only one in the pic. I can't see that being worth buying if it is, especially if you already have the triangular one.
 
OP
OP
yelnoc2

yelnoc2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Aug 20, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
196
Reaction score
147
Location
Geneseo, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor w/Ford Perf tune and S&B CAI, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Occupation
Retired
Two-sided? You mean the cleaning head is two-sided? Looks like only one in the pic. I can't see that being worth buying if it is, especially if you already have the triangular one.
Meaning it cleans inside and outside at same time as two pads are "held" by magnets.
 

Sponsored

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
571
Reaction score
492
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
Meaning it cleans inside and outside at same time as two pads are "held" by magnets.
Oh! I see. That's a pretty cool concept. So you can be wiping the outside while cleaning the inside? Interesting!
 

emjay24l

Active Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
47
Location
SW-VA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX-4
I have used a similar one sided triangular version for years. It works great at getting the smokey film that builds on the inside of the window. Periodically I will remove the cloth and hand wash it. IMO, the triangular version is better because it gets into places the square one can not. I use a squeegee at the gas station most times for the outside of the glass or a towel when I am at home.
 

surfstar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
101
Reaction score
161
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat 2.3 FX4
Meaning it cleans inside and outside at same time as two pads are "held" by magnets.
I highly doubt that would work well in practice. Just my guess, though. I imagine it would be faster and easier to simply clean inside and outside separately. K I S S
Sponsored

 
 







Top