• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Front design is all Ford, profile and rear screams Ridgeline...
Sponsored

Charley

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic/HFAP with 302a and Tech
But, as my insider tells me, Australia still owns the Ranger, be it North America or elsewhere, so that rendering may have some legs.
the Bronco is All American with goals of including more serious off road capabilities and options.
The Baby Bronco is Escape-ism
and there is a mini pick up on the drawing board.

If that is not a Ranger, could it be a mid-sized Rivian? Remember Ford invested 500 million in Rivian.

Rivian Tank Turn

Isn't speculation so much fun?

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm on the fence on this one. It isn't so ugly that I dont like it, but at the same time it barely resembles a ranger. I like the concept of the grill seeming like one bigger piece with the intercooler but I dont like that they put the f series "air vent" if that's what it's still gonna be. As for me I'm trying to keep mines running for at least the next decade. hopefully 2029 - 2031 will be much better:bandit: but hopefully by then I can at a full size

Ford Ranger Next gen 2021 Ranger Leaked? Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 4.23.46 PM

Ford Ranger Next gen 2021 Ranger Leaked? Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 4.23.46 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT P-1SC-1 Stage II, 1998 Ford Explorer Limited, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
I'm now wondering if it's the "baby Ranger"? There is now talk of that. Forgive me if someone already mentioned that here.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Australia still owns the Ranger,
What does that mean? Australia doesn't own the Ranger. It's a Ford product the current generation of which was designed in Australia. The current NA Ranger was adapted from it. Australia doesn't own the next gen, ford can design it in NA or anywhere they want to.

Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
What does that mean? Australia doesn't own the Ranger. It's a Ford product the current generation of which was designed in Australia. The current NA Ranger was adapted from it. Australia doesn't own the next gen, ford can design it in NA or anywhere they want to.
My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe but... Fellow that provide this info is retiring at the end of 2020... Have initiated other contacts inside the company... Alleged is the next generation is on the Bronco Frame.... Way too far away for this to be taken with less than a whole salt shaker of salt....

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe but... Fellow that provide this info is retiring at the end of 2020... Have initiated other contacts inside the company... Alleged is the next generation is on the Bronco Frame.... Way too far away for this to be taken with less than a whole salt shaker of salt....

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil that is more or less what I was thinking. Aussies is charge is a better way of referring to it as opposed to they own it. It makes sense to have Bronco and Ranger on same frame. That is what I was referring to as next gen. To me a facelift is still Gen5.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Thanks Phil that is more or less what I was thinking. Aussies is charge is a better way of referring to it as opposed to they own it. It makes sense to have Bronco and Ranger on same frame. That is what I was referring to as next gen. To me a facelift is still Gen5.
TFL said the bronco is built on the Escape platform

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
TFL said the bronco is built on the Escape platform
Hi Jim,

Been out of the loop for a long time, but the Escape is a unibody vehicle currently. So is the Bronco becoming uinbody? My inside sources never shared much of the details of the Bronco so I really do not know but to build a body on frame and a Unibody in the same plant seems to be very unusual. It was done at Lorain Ohio but the plant there was actually two different plants under the same roof. Similar to Kansas City which built the F Series and the Pinto. Two separate plants under a common roof. I hear that the Wayne assembly is undergoing expansion to build the Bronco, but am puzzled by the comments that the Ranger and Bronco will be on a common chassis, similar to the current Ranger Super Cab and the Super Crew are now.

Okay...another back story. Ford Light Truck initiated a program called Common Chassis. This would be a F Series and a Econoline effort. Much design and engineeing time was spent on this program. There were so many meetings to resolve the issues of commonizing the frame that if was finally decided to scrap the whole common chassis idea. You could possible do this if both vehicles were to be designed at the same time, but at that time Ford Truck was so small that only one vehicle could be handled at a time.... So the common chassis died a long and drug out death.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150, 2014 Escape
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe
A nose job next instead of the total redesign would be nice. Then we can “modernize” our trucks with some updated trim bits and maybe other new stuff they come up with.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe but...

Don't worry we'll do a good job for you on it. You like this one don't you? We like it too. If you can't break it on our roads then it probably isn't going to break.

It's the first pickup here to ever outsell Toyota. There were months last year when it was the best selling vehicle in the country - period.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe but...

Don't worry we'll do a good job for you on it. You like this one don't you? We like it too. If you can't break it on our roads then it probably isn't going to break.

It's the first pickup here to ever outsell Toyota. There were months last year when it was the best selling vehicle in the country - period.
We love Aussie’s. :thumbsup:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Photo's are so dark it's hard to see any detail... lightened them up a bit.

Weirdness going on at the front fender -to- door interface...
I'm guessing that is similar to what the new look is for the F-Series (or maybe it is just the Super Duties)
Sponsored