• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New 6G Ranger competition - New Colorado

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
The ZR2 has always had a front and rear electronic locker and the at4x likely will have them. Trail boss is above the at4/z71 and has the limited slip diff like them, so youā€™ll have to go to the highest grade for electronic lockers. 3.73 gearing. This is very competive to the Raptor honestly, if ZR2 is 4 grand or so less MSRP than raptor is gonna be a huge battle.
My issue with the last gen ZR2 was the lower payload ratings (1,190-1,250 lbs in the non-Bison crew cab), other than that it seems like a great package. The nice thing about the 5G Ranger, and what I hope continues in the 6G, is that you could add the electronic rear locker across multiple trim levels, and keep a higher payload as well (1,478-1,609lbs for 4x4 SuperCrew). I'm not interested in an LSD, and while a front locker would be nice, a rear one is one of my minimum requirements along with a higher payload.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
That is a nice looking truck. IMHO it's better looking than the what we have seen of the 23' Ranger. I think it's very cheesy that they detuned the 2.7 for entry level trucks. I mean, that's pathetic to me. Hopefully Ford doesn't throw the 10R60 in the next gen like they did the Bronco. Seems like the 2.7 is neutered in the Bronco compared to the F-150.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
That is a nice looking truck. IMHO it's better looking than the what we have seen of the 23' Ranger. I think it's very cheesy that they detuned the 2.7 for entry level trucks. I mean, that's pathetic to me. Hopefully Ford doesn't throw the 10R60 in the next gen like they did the Bronco. Seems like the 2.7 is neutered in the Bronco compared to the F-150.
I kind of agree. It does look better than the next gen Ranger, but the drive train is very meh, and it's still keeping the 8 speed transmission. This, and the fact that the next gen ranger still is very handsome, I will still be going for the Ranger.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I kind of agree. It does look better than the next gen Ranger, but the drive train is very meh, and it's still keeping the 8 speed transmission. This, and the fact that the next gen ranger still is very handsome, I will still be going for the Ranger.
This is supposed to be a "second gen" eight speed transmission. Who knows if it is any better.

Sponsored

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Here is the teaser of the next gen GMC Canyon AT4X that will be revealed Aug 11th. I was expecting it to be a bit more subdued compared to the ZR2, but they didnā€™t hold back. Just wish the 6G Ranger wasnā€™t such a long wait!
Ford Ranger New 6G Ranger competition - New Colorado 1659520983841

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Here is the teaser of the next gen GMC Canyon AT4X that will be revealed Aug 11th. I was expecting it to be a bit more subdued compared to the ZR2, but they didnā€™t hold back. Just wish the 6G Ranger wasnā€™t such a long wait!
1659520983841.png
The Canyons were always the best looking midsize pick up IMO. Wouldnt want a first year but if they roll out the Ranger like the Bronco I would probably consider the canyon.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Just wish the 6G Ranger wasnā€™t such a long wait!
It's kind of crazy to think about, but with the every manufacturer coming out with a mid-size truck redesign all around the same time, you would think how important it is to be first to market (albeit not always the best). There's tons of people who are probably going to end up getting the Canyon or Colorado because they simply can't or won't wait anymore.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The Canyons were always the best looking midsize pick up IMO. Wouldnt want a first year but if they roll out the Ranger like the Bronco I would probably consider the canyon.
I almost got an AT4 before I got my Ranger. Didn't like the seats and was concerned about the transmission. But, I am very pleased with my Ranger and think it was a good choice for me.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
That's the reveal I've been most interested in and probably my next vehicle. I'd get a Ranger Raptor, but my guess is there will be ADM on those for quite some time, and I refuse to pay ADM. Hell, I refuse to pay MSRP. :) I'm guessing the ZR2/AT4x will be under MSRP in the 2nd year.

I agree. I almost bought one, but the interior was just too dated for my tastes.

Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
I almost got an AT4 before I got my Ranger. Didn't like the seats and was concerned about the transmission. But, I am very pleased with my Ranger and think it was a good choice for me.
Same, I wanted a GMC Canyon AT4 with the 6 foot bed.

The comfort, the ground clearance and skid plates made me stick with the Ranger and I am very happy with my choice. Hopefully the rumor's of the crew cab ranger with the 6 foot bed are true!

I will definitely be checking all of the new mid size once we start seeing them in dealership.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The Colorado and Canyon have a dedicated manufacturing plant for those vehicles. You will be able to get a Chevy product much quicker then the Ranger.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
I have no interest in either as I am happy with my 2019....but I think ford should have a 2.7 option for non Raptor Rangers. If I was currently shopping I would take a hard look at the new Colorado, something I did not in 2019