• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor | Road to Baja | Ford Performance

Video Description: When the Next-Generation Ford Ranger Raptor takes to the start line of the legendary SCORE International Baja 1000 this week (Nov. 18) it will mark the return of one of the race’s most winning nameplates.

But getting it to the starting line has been a great example of Ford Performance’s global efforts, using race teams and Ford engineers from both Australia and the United States to bring the program to life.

Update: the Ford Ranger Raptor successfully completed the Baja 1000 over the weekend. Per Carscoop:

Ford Performance came back victorious from this year’s International Baja 1000 race with a rally-prepped Ranger Raptor finishing first in the stock midsize class where it was the only contestant. After the tough 1,000-mile off-road race, the pickup drove back to Riverside, California, proudly exhibiting its dirty livery on public roads.​
According to Ford, the Baja-ready Ranger Raptor was “race-prepped but remaining stock and street legal”. Besides the racing stickers, exterior upgrades included the snorkel, bull bar, skid plates, LED light bar, new wheels, and tires, plus two full-size spares, a larger tank, and extra equipment mounted on the rear bed.​
A low-carbon biofuel from Shell was used for the race, without any changes to the twin-turbo 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 petrol that produces 392 hp (292 kW / 397 PS) and 583 Nm (430 ft-lb) of torque in Australian specification. The heavy-duty suspension with Fox shocks was also left stock.​
Despite the hurdles of the 1,000-mile race in the Baja Peninsula California, the truck didn’t have any major incidents or repairs and finished in good condition. This allowed the team to drive it back to base, without needing a trailer for the transport. This is the second time Ford achieves this after their 2017 Bajar 1000 effort with an F-150 Raptor.​
The team was managed by Curt Leduc who has quite an experience in off-road races. Four driver and co-driver pairings stepped into the Ranger Raptor including Brad and Byam Lovell (Lovell Racing), Jason Hutter and Paul Blangstead (Fire Guys Racing), Loren Healy and Eric Davis (Fun-Haver Off-Road), and Andy and Danny Brown (ARB).​
Brian Novak, Off-Road Motorsports Supervisor at Ford Performance, said: “Ford Performance Australia put their heart and soul into this project with Kelly Racing to start us off. When we took it over on the North American side with Lovell Racing and Huseman Engineering, it all came together seamlessly. There’s just so many people that came together to do this, and I couldn’t be prouder.”​

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-2

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-4

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-6

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-7

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-8

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-9

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-10

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-15

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-18

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-19

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-20

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-22

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-23

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-26

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-32

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-34

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-41

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-47

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-50

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-58

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-57

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-63

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Now if we could only buy the new redesigned Ranger in the US…. Nope! We don’t know anything about the NA market version of the Ranger let alone the Raptor variant. Remember, the rest of the world saw their unveiling on 11/24/21… yes 3 days shy of a year ago!!!

It’s a shame Ford’s marketing didn’t take advantage of this press release and unveil the 6G Ranger for the NA market at this time. “What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday”. Even if we’re 6-8 months from production… an opportunity missed.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Ironic that it took place in North America, and we don't even have the announcement in the horizon.

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford fusion, 66 bronco
we're all so eager in NA to get our hands on one. I've been holding hoping for the crewcab 6ft bed option. hopefully soon we get more info. lol we are all clearly running short on patience.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
we're all so eager in NA to get our hands on one. I've been holding hoping for the crewcab 6ft bed option. hopefully soon we get more info. lol we are all clearly running short on patience.
I too am hopeful of the SuperCrew/longbed configuration. I’m driving an ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew (bought new). So after almost 21 years, I’m more than ready for something new.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I ordered a Maverick, never saw one when I ordered. At least we get to see the new Ranger via our friends in Australia so that’s something. 50/50 on ordering the new Ranger, I really like my Maverick but there’s something pulling at me about the Ranger. I think I may have my wife onboard with the Ranger, lol. With the current supply chain and constraints I am cautiously optimistic about availability even when they finally open the order banks. I am in a good position, I like my current ride and my trade in value is good since people can’t get Mavericks. Going to be interesting in about 6 months when I have to make a decision.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Wow, it finished the race and was driven home 185miles.

Ford Ranger Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor Wins Baja 1000 Class! Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Conquers-Baja-1000-63

Ford Ranger Raptor Survives Baja 1000, Drives HomeFord
The Ford Ranger Raptor is no joke. It might be the smallest Raptor-branded product Ford makes right now, but make no mistake, it can still traverse brutal desert trails and high-speed dunes just like its bigger Bronco and F-150 siblings. Nothing proves that more than the truck's recent finish at the Baja 1000.
Ford Performance's North American arm teamed up with the company's Australian division to field a Ranger Raptor at this year's Baja 1000 in Mexico. The engine, transmission, and the rest of the driveline were left unmodified to prove to the world the toughness of the Raptor's power plant, while the rest of the truck was race-prepped by Australian firm Kelly Racing to ensure it could take the beating provided by the 1000's impossibly challenging roads.
The truck, driven by four driver/co-driver duos over the 828-mile event, won the Stock mid-size class, in which it was the only entry. Ford says the truck was the quickest of all competitors in the Stock classes, not having suffered any major incidents or repairs throughout. The Ford Performance team was so confident in the vehicle's health post-finish that it actually drove the Raptor back to base in California. By our math, that's about another 185 miles of driving.

Sponsored

dshandy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS300
I like how they drove it "home" to the U.S. when we can't even get them here yet. No doubt, I will be first in line to snag the new Ranger Raptor once they become available. Just like Fattirz in NC said, Ford could have taken advantage of this awesome win and released the 6G Ranger at the LA Auto Show. I definitely think we should see it at the Chicago Auto Show next February (fingers crossed).

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I like how they drove it "home" to the U.S. when we can't even get them here yet. No doubt, I will be first in line to snag the new Ranger Raptor once they become available. Just like Fattirz in NC said, Ford could have taken advantage of this awesome win and released the 6G Ranger at the LA Auto Show. I definitely think we should see it at the Chicago Auto Show next February (fingers crossed).
Hopefully San Diego car show Dec 28 so I can be there.
Sponsored