• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New competition is revealed!

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
I think toyota killed it with how many options they have. The screen yea not big fan.. I hope ford responds...
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Lol didn't notice that! But again maybe its a preproduction issue. Some of the videos, the vloggers weren't even allowed to show the read cabin.
No, they dropped the ball on this too. No rear air vents available

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That screen looks stupid. Looks like they just wanted a bigger screen and just slapped it in.
The one thing I do like with the Ranger was the way they integrated the screen making it look like part of the truck.

The whole interior is hideous on the new Taco especially the TRD pro.
Exterior is a little weird but better than the Ranger. Personal taste, everyone is different.

Lots of cool toys though for sure on the Taco and features wow they are pushing the limits and not treating the midsize like a ugly step child. They went all out and outside the box.

You missed power steps and power tailgate but hey Ranger got a damper.
I don’t need power steps on a ranger, but if I did, they’ll be plenty of after mkt options that are far better, offered at some point.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you think this, you haven't been paying attention. Say what you will about looks (I don't love the interior), but Toyota came out swinging with this one.

Bigger screen, better cameras and camera angles, built-in shock-absorbing seats, power tailgate, built-in air compressor (on trailhunter), disconnecting sway bar, hybrid power, just to name a few things off the top of my head. It has enough tech and features it's making my decision harder than I thought it would be. TRD Pro and Trailhunters won't be out for another year so realistically around the same time any of us would be seeing a Ranger Raptor.

oh, and they also fixed their seating position by raising the roof and the seats.
Power tailgate is a nothing burger. Seats are yet to be determined as to their comfort and true merit, the huge screen looks ridiculous, etc. They did some cool things, but missed the boat on some things too. The red try pro interior is over the top and cheapens the vehicle.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No front locker, no rear air, lose room/storage in back seat area due to hybrid batteries. After thought tablet looking screen. Terrible location for aux switches, etc. Tacoma definitely has its misses too. Cheap looking interior and switches.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power tailgate only exists as a grift. What benefit does that even add for being more expensive to produce and replace and more likely to break.

While there are some nice QoL features in the taco (vented seats), a lot of the "features" are straight up gimmicks lol.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power tailgate only exists as a grift. What benefit does that even add for being more expensive to produce and replace and more likely to break.

While there are some nice QoL features in the taco (vented seats), a lot of the "features" are straight up gimmicks lol.
Agree 100%

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

vented seats is the big miss on the ranger for me. I do find it disappointing there is no sunroof option but even in my current car I barely use it. Electric tailgate is very cool but also not a necessity for me. These were the only 3 additional things I remotely cared about

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power boards and tailgates are just asking for dirt and grime to gum up their motors/working parts. Then they stick and do damage to components. Neither needs to be on a truck. Except maybe high end luxury city trucks.

It's not difficult to open a tailgate, especially one with a damper.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vented seats is the big miss on the ranger for me. I do find it disappointing there is no sunroof option but even in my current car I barely use it. Electric tailgate is very cool but also not a necessity for me. These were the only 3 additional things I remotely cared about
Would've liked rear air. Ac seats are nice, but not a biggie as i find the holes necessary in the seats get plugged over time. I prefer a power rear sliding window to open for air flow over a moon roof. My moon roofs almost always stayed closed/covered, as even darkky tinted, the glare caused by it and the sun burn id get from it were deal breakers to keeping it open. So glad to see they made the rear sliding window power

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm in the same boat as you. vented seats & sunroof (i use mine 24/7) would be great additions, i'm hoping they get added as time goes on. but in the absence of a sunroof i think a power rear-window is a "good enough" compromise.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

I wouldn't want one it is too slow for me and I do not have the patience but hey they have it as a option if some one did.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't want one it is too slow for me and I do not have the patience but hey they have it as a option if some one did.
keeping it optional is one thing, but if they are making it standard then that's more what i'm referring to.

cars are already too expensive, adding unnecessary complexity with no benefit isn't doing your brand a favor (although taco fanboys will eat it up anyway)

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Glad I'm not brand loyal.

More misses on the Ranger for me personally when compared.

It's nice to see a manufacturer put this much effort into their midsize offering vs. their fullsize counterpart.

Having options is nice.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the tacoma also does not have any seat-memory functionality.
Sponsored