• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Okay, now give me the new Tremor w/ 2.7 in a SuperCrew longbed and I’ll likely stick with Ford. Otherwise it’s going to be a Tacoma for me…. Feels weird even typing that out! 🤣
Sponsored

OP
OP
NC Spuds

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Okay, now give me the new Tremor w/ 2.7 in a SuperCrew longbed and I’ll likely stick with Ford. Otherwise it’s going to be a Tacoma for me…. Feels weird even typing that out! 🤣
You've been waiting 21 years already, what's another year? :shock:

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
No AWD for 2.7. That hurts. Was hoping Tremor with 2.7 and AWD. Althought the difference in price between a Lariat FX4 and Raptor is much closer than I anticipated so the Tremor being between is still going to be big $$$ in my humble opinion
Hopefully that changes or was a misprint. I see Ford updated the document on their site on the 31st and removed the 2.7L info along with the references to the tremor name and corrected several of the misprinted measurements.

May 31 Body Builders Layout Book

I wish someone at Ford would just tell us if the 3.0l v6 Raptor is really going to be the only trim/engine with 4A or not in the US so I can resign myself to a different vehicle if I have to. It’s 4A or bust for me.

OP
OP
NC Spuds

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Yup, looks like the latest version has been cleaned up a bit.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Occupation
Retired
Yup, looks like the latest version has been cleaned up a bit.
Still looks like multiple instances of old data though.

For example, the page 7 table is headed Supercab 4x2 and still lists the 2023 wheelbase. The page 8 table removed the Tremor reference but still lists the 2023 wheelbase for the other options. Who knows what else is incorrect, I haven't cross-checked. So people need to do their homework/be cautious if they are relying on any of the data in this doc at this time.

What bemuses me is how long Ford have had to get this document (and others like the launch tech specs) correct from the get go for the US launch and yet here we are. I wouldn't expect this poor execution from much smaller companies, let alone a multi-billion dollar international corporation.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra

For example, the page 7 table is headed Supercab 4x2 and still lists the 2023 wheelbase. The page 8 table removed the Tremor reference but still lists the 2023 wheelbase for the other options. Who knows what else is incorrect, I haven't cross-checked. So people need to do their homework/be cautious if they are relying on any of the data in this doc at this time.

What bemuses me is how long Ford have had to get this document (and others like the launch tech specs) correct from the get go for the US launch and yet here we are. I wouldn't expect this poor execution from much smaller companies, let alone a multi-billion dollar international corporation.
They have interns using ChatGPT to make their technical documents now. It’s the only logical explanation. 🤪

Lron58

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Lariat
Yes, and if it's another $1800 for the 2.7...well there's the Raptor. I am struggling with this right now. Love the Raptor but it's more than I need but the price point seems like a good deal. Very odd for the top trim to be a "deal". The pricing just doesn't make sense at least to me.
I agree with your analysis that the delta between a current 2024 Ranger Lariat FX4 and the Raptor version is less than $5k which is hard to believe. How will they fit a Tremor in there, especially if you add a 2.7 EcoBoost at ~ $2,000?

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I agree with your analysis that the delta between a current 2024 Ranger Lariat FX4 and the Raptor version is less than $5k which is hard to believe. How will they fit a Tremor in there, especially if you add a 2.7 EcoBoost at ~ $2,000?
They won’t in any manner that makes sense

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain

It’s really pathetic, perhaps they are more of a mess than we all thought. Kind of scary. I bleed Ford blue…but really????

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Hopefully that changes or was a misprint. I see Ford updated the document on their site on the 31st and removed the 2.7L info along with the references to the tremor name and corrected several of the misprinted measurements.

May 31 Body Builders Layout Book

I wish someone at Ford would just tell us if the 3.0l v6 Raptor is really going to be the only trim/engine with 4A or not in the US so I can resign myself to a different vehicle if I have to. It’s 4A or bust for me.
I'm hoping upon the fall release of the 2.7 option that the 4A is there too.

Sponsored

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
The only way that math works is the consideration of the real world price adjustments on the raptor. At msrp the clincher for me is the commitment of filling up with premium in our geopolitically unstable world.

OP
OP
NC Spuds

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
I'm hoping upon the fall release of the 2.7 option that the 4A is there too.
Why would you think the 4A won’t be included? It’s in every model from the base XL on up. The difference is the lower models get the 10” screen vs the larger 12” screen in the upgraded trims.

Last edited:

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Why would you think the 4A won’t be included? It’s in every model from the base XLT on up. The difference is the lower models get the 10” screen vs the larger 12” screen in the upgraded trims.
Unless I missed something the 4A is only available on the raptor. Not one has the 4A.

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Yes, and if it's another $1800 for the 2.7...well there's the Raptor. I am struggling with this right now. Love the Raptor but it's more than I need but the price point seems like a good deal. Very odd for the top trim to be a "deal". The pricing just doesn't make sense at least to me.
My decision on the Raptor is expected tomorrow and this is what I'm struggling with.The Raptor seems to have the most value even with a mild price adjustment. We can all imagine thistle next year msrp will be even higher.
Sponsored