• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Workshop Manual

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Inspired by the earlier thread of almost the same name...

Does anyone have any leads as to where I can get detailed workshop information on the Ranger? What I'm really keen on (right now) is a detailed wiring diagram and diagram of cable runs throughout the car.
And no! I don't mean the "body and equipment mounting manual" though those of you who haven't seen this might be interested - here

The reason is that I would like to use the spare fuses in the cabin fuse box to run some accessories (like my UHF radio, dashcam etc.) but I don't want to go down the fuse tap route as I find that a very ugly and unprofessional solution. I want to be able to wire directly into the plug that goes into the fuse box so I need to know the pin outs for the plugs and if the spare fuses already have wires connected in the plug, then I need to know which ones they are and where they are terminated.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
They have even built them yet so thinking a shop manual wouldn't be available til sometime in 2024. The dealers and techs wouldn't have anything yet.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Even if you don’t have the aux switches, there are accessory wiring studs at the battery (as shown in the body builders guide). A cleaner install, in my opinion, would be to use a switch console with a relay box under the hood so you can activate your accessories from one location. Something like what Auxbeam offers.

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired

Does anyone have any leads as to where I can get detailed workshop information on the Ranger? What I'm really keen on (right now) is a detailed wiring diagram and diagram of cable runs throughout the car.
And no! I don't mean the "body and equipment mounting manual" though those of you who haven't seen this might be interested - here

The reason is that I would like to use the spare fuses in the cabin fuse box to run some accessories (like my UHF radio, dashcam etc.) but I don't want to go down the fuse tap route as I find that a very ugly and unprofessional solution. I want to be able to wire directly into the plug that goes into the fuse box so I need to know the pin outs for the plugs and if the spare fuses already have wires connected in the plug, then I need to know which ones they are and where they are terminated.
Is this what you are looking for (?):
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-i-get-self-repair-and-technical-information/

It looks like this info is not yet available; but once it is made available, it looks like what you seek might be found there.

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
They have even built them yet so thinking a shop manual wouldn't be available til sometime in 2024. The dealers and techs wouldn't have anything yet.
Well, that's not really correct as I have had my Raptor for around 6 months now and 6G Rangers have been in customer hands now for around 18 months.

Even if you don’t have the aux switches, there are accessory wiring studs at the battery (as shown in the body builders guide). A cleaner install, in my opinion, would be to use a switch console with a relay box under the hood so you can activate your accessories from one location. Something like what Auxbeam offers.
Thanks @goalieThreeOne. I do have the auxiliary switch pack but it is overkill for wiring a UHF and dashcam in the cabin. The neatest solution will be to direct wire them to the spare fuses in the cabin fuse box - if I can find the information.

Is this what you are looking for (?):
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-i-get-self-repair-and-technical-information/

It looks like this info is not yet available; but once it is made available, it looks like what you seek might be found there.
Thanks @gForceDude, this is looking very promising. I will pursue this lead further and see what it reveals.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Well, that's not really correct as I have had my Raptor for around 6 months now and 6G Rangers have been in customer hands now for around 18 months.
US versions retail haven't been built yet :D

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Oh I’d isn’t realize you were talking about internal accessories. Should just be able to use an add-a-fuse to the interior box. A multimeter and a buddy to turn the key will find what you need real quick. I would not trust the ROW manuals for the fuse chart since ROW has some different circuits that we don’t have (rear AC) and who knows what survived the left hand drive conversion in terms of wiring. They might have changed the whole thing.

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired

Thanks for that info, I am also looking for wiring diagrams. I will be taking possession of my Ranger in the next few days. I settled for the Sport 4x4, I wanted a 4x4 but no 10spd. I couldn't justify the Raptor. Now if I lived in Australia with hundreds of miles of beach to run, I would in a heart beat. But here in the P.I. I figure I will be spending more time, dodging dogs, cats, people, motorbikes, motor trycks, busses and trucks. Hardly even get our Territory up to 55mph.

Rick D

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
OK, so I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like the service manual is available online at Motorcraft:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

It's expensive for an annual subscription but for 48 hours it is almost reasonable assuming you can save a few diagrams.