• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

24' Ranger Key Code Factory Code -- where to find?

OP
OP

24'Ranger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Vibe AWD, 2019 Outback, 2024 Ranger?
The raptor has the ability to copy to a new key (up to 4 can be done). The spot is in the arm rest floor and directions are in the manual to do the copy
I found that too but that's something different.

Ps, I may be ordering more blank keys so I have a backup just in case.
Sponsored

dram32

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing :(
Occupation
Facilities Technician
@dram32

Sorry to hear that. I found the RAP module with the code on it last night. It's in the driver's foot-well, next to the door frame. It's low and close to the floor. The sticker is facing the front of the car.

I got it by laying on my back on the floor, head next to the brake pedal, and by looking near the hood release latch. I could not see it with my eyes (due to the position) but got it with a smartphone camera.

I attached a photo if it helps.

Truck3.png
Thanks for the info. I actually had the card with the code and a physical owners manual in my glove box. Haven’t tried the card code yet but if it doesn’t work I’ll try this. Appreciate the help

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If all else fails your ford service dept can connect to the odbi port and tell you. I bought a used f150 one time years ago, I had to show proof of ownership ( tag receipt) and they gave it to me

GT Jackson

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
If all else fails your ford service dept can connect to the odbi port and tell you. I bought a used f150 one time years ago, I had to show proof of ownership ( tag receipt) and they gave it to me
I got the code card in the truck, salesman showed it to me. BUT, when I tried to code it via the main screen menu, could not get the code to take. So, I read the directions that came in the little bag with the code card, which instructed you put the code into the door pad, so I followed those instructions, and was very easy to enter my own personal code. SO, if the main screen doesn't work, just follow the directions that come in the bag with the code card.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Thanks for the heads up about the key code. Made sure to ask if mine was there and it was

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Yeah my truck came with the code. It works fine on the door pad, but the center screen says it’s wrong. I’ll bring it up at my first service appointment to see what’s going on.

paulrvt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2024 (soon)
I got the code card in the truck, salesman showed it to me. BUT, when I tried to code it via the main screen menu, could not get the code to take. So, I read the directions that came in the little bag with the code card, which instructed you put the code into the door pad, so I followed those instructions, and was very easy to enter my own personal code. SO, if the main screen doesn't work, just follow the directions that come in the bag with the code card.
I had the same experience. Had the card, but the screen didn’t like the code. I was able to set a custom code following the steps on the door directly. Took several tries though.

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Thanks for the info. I actually had the card with the code and a physical owners manual in my glove box. Haven’t tried the card code yet but if it doesn’t work I’ll try this. Appreciate the help
Haven’t gotten mine yet, but some have said they did NOT GET a physical owner’s manual. So, are some getting a manual and some are not?

fe390hipo

First Name
KL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
When I picked my ranger Raptor up last week salesman set the code I wanted for the key pad, so yesterday I looked in glovebox and the factory code card was in there.
Sponsored