• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Shelter Green
Occupation
US Navy

I put together another video today about a few things… biggest issue is that my interior map lights don’t turn on, what am I doing wrong?!?! I’ll check fuse tomorrow.
Sponsored

IPumpFe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor

I put together another video today about a few things… biggest issue is that my interior map lights don’t turn on, what am I doing wrong?!?! I’ll check fuse tomorrow.
GL, will be interested in the resolution.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
If you shut off the auto start/stop and save the settings with the R button....does auto start/stop stay off?

chattyllama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS (sold), 22 Maverick, RRaptor on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you shut off the auto start/stop and save the settings with the R button....does auto start/stop stay off?
No, it will turn back on every time the truck is started. It doesn’t start in R mode, it’ll start in normal. So you’d either press 1 button to turn off auto start/stop, or the R button twice to switch to the saved settings. It might be possible for it to be fully disabled with forscan or a tune

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX

Enjoying you videos.
Subscribed this week.
Looking forward to seeing more including how this light question turns out.

Just FYI true beadlock rims are not DOT approved for use on public roads, they are deemed for for off-road use only.
As I understand it, there are safety implications or concerns for running beadlock rims. Apparently since the tire can’t break free from the rim that in the event of an accident there is a greater potential for the beadlock equipped vehicle to rolling over. That’s my understanding anyway.

Keep the great videos coming.

OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
Enjoying you videos.
Subscribed this week.
Looking forward to seeing more including how this light question turns out.

Just FYI true beadlock rims are not DOT approved for use on public roads, they are deemed for for off-road use only.
As I understand it, there are safety implications or concerns for running beadlock rims. Apparently since the tire can’t break free from the rim that in the event of an accident there is a greater potential for the beadlock equipped vehicle to rolling over. That’s my understanding anyway.

Keep the great videos coming.
thanks for the note about the beadlock not being DOT approved. that is great to know. I dont see myself needing that feature to be honest... after some searching, it looks like that is really only necessary for rock crawlers airing down to like 4 PSI going 0.5 mph over bolders... super cool to watch and always impressive, but not my cup of tea and not what this truck is built for so i think i'm in the clear.

I have an appt with the dealer on monday for the lights... i think it's a wiring thing because uase i checked the fuses today and that wasn't the problem... i'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

OP
OP

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
No, it will turn back on every time the truck is started. It doesn’t start in R mode, it’ll start in normal. So you’d either press 1 button to turn off auto start/stop, or the R button twice to switch to the saved settings. It might be possible for it to be fully disabled with forscan or a tune
nailed it... this is 100% what i have found as well

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Well now I am thinking since I know with my TRX I always prefer my custom driver settings.
Odds are I will want to also setup my own custom settings in my Ranger Raptor as well. So, most likely I will just need to get used to hitting that R button to turn on my settings anyway.
Unless that Forscan tool can make it stay in my custom settings, I may not buy or do anything to shut it off with an eliminator something like that.
Sponsored