Sponsored

cb4017

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cliff
Joined
Sep 12, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
149
Reaction score
337
Location
Northern NV
Vehicle(s)
2026 XLT 2.7L FX4
Occupation
USN CPO Retired, FPD Sgt. Retired, CHSO Retired
Weather is about perfect so I hauled my trailer out for a night and explored an old mine site. It was a great day.

20260929_123542.webp


20260929_143109.webp


20260929_143158.webp


20260929_154157.webp


20260929_161324.webp


20260929_161059.webp


20260929_161357.webp


20260929_161433.webp


20260929_161516.webp


20260929_161531.webp


20260929_161820.webp


20260929_163202.webp


20260929_163403.webp


20260929_163407.webp


20260929_163435.webp


20260929_190416.webp
Sponsored

 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,646
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Wished we had some of that here, nope not where I am from.
 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
210
Reaction score
275
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
Looks great! If I had a trailer, that would be the kind of camping I would like to do! Would be great to hide out in a spot like that for a few days or so, relax, grill, sleep-in, hike around the area.

And would have to upgrade the shower: Infinity Shower
 

Dre' Dawg

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andre'
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
199
Reaction score
191
Location
Magnolia, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500; 2025 Oxford White RR & 2025 Shelter Green RR
Occupation
Retired
Appropriate color ... Desert Sand! Love the pictures. What is that old shack doing out in the middle of nowhere... except drinking Nestle's coco!
 

Sponsored
OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cliff
Joined
Sep 12, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
149
Reaction score
337
Location
Northern NV
Vehicle(s)
2026 XLT 2.7L FX4
Occupation
USN CPO Retired, FPD Sgt. Retired, CHSO Retired
Appropriate color ... Desert Sand! Love the pictures. What is that old shack doing out in the middle of nowhere... except drinking Nestle's coco!
Yea, obvious why I bought this color. Love it so far. Thanks!

Old miner's shacks, probably from the 50s to 70s. There were a couple of adits and a vertical shaft in the area but they were collapsed and not accessible.
 

NM Mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
350
Reaction score
609
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
25 Ranger XLT FX4. 99 Superduty XLT Powerstroke 4X4, 71 F250 custom 4x4
There’s a lot of mining history in that neck of the “woods”. I worked a recovery mill outside of Mound House. If I’m assuming correctly, you are on the other side of that range outside of Reno/Sparks.
 
OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cliff
Joined
Sep 12, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
149
Reaction score
337
Location
Northern NV
Vehicle(s)
2026 XLT 2.7L FX4
Occupation
USN CPO Retired, FPD Sgt. Retired, CHSO Retired
There’s a lot of mining history in that neck of the “woods”. I worked a recovery mill outside of Mound House. If I’m assuming correctly, you are on the other side of that range outside of Reno/Sparks.
Yep, I'm about 60 miles east of Reno. These pics were taken in the area of Fairview Peak near the Navy bombing range. Abandoned mines are all over the place. Unfortunately the Navy is going to be withdrawing public access to a lot of this area.
Sponsored

 
 







Top