• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Another new Ranger vid

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
That Lariat has the XLT and XL shifter, which is a little odd. Makes me wonder if the blank 4wd switch is a placeholder since it seems like a little much for the RWD version.

Edit: I noticed that the drive mode selector is the control for the advanced trailer control (right at 6:00)
Boo. Guess I won’t get it then since I went standard towing package.
Sponsored

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
I ordered a 2WD XLT with advanced towing, so this truck's console should look just like mine. This is the first I've seen it since all the trucks in the launch videos were 4WD.
I feel like I will miss the shifter. As the all terrain nation guy said in his video review, “ the good ole boy truck feel”. I’m sure the electronic shifter will grow on me though.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
I feel like I will miss the shifter. As the all terrain nation guy said in his video review, “ the good ole boy truck feel”. I’m sure the electronic shifter will grow on me though.
It's basically shift by wire no matter what anyways.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll take that e-shifter over a dial.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Having owned a truck with that giant monstrosity of a shifter I say "good riddance". It was one of the worst things about the interior design. It was way too tall for the space.

The only "good ole boy truck feel" shifter there is in my opinion is the old column shifters that nobody does anymore. I would much prefer those over a stock shifter in the middle.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
One of the reasons I was originally wanting the Lariat is for the smaller shifter. Being shorter it just seems like it will be better to reach into the cubby, get a drink out of the cupholder, etc. But alas I ordered a XLT, so I’ll have to deal with the bigger one. I agree that I would also associate “good ole boy truck feel” with a column shifter.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Looking at the Comparison Tool makes me wonder if only 4x4 Lariats will have the E shifter. If I remember right, one of the introduction videos mentioned that the e-shifter was needed for the new park assist. If the 2WD doesn't have the new system, then there's no need for the shorter shifter.
Ford Ranger Another new Ranger vid Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.52.26

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Looking at the Comparison Tool makes me wonder if only 4x4 Lariats will have the E shifter. If I remember right, one of the introduction videos mentioned that the e-shifter was needed for the new park assist. If the 2WD doesn't have the new system, then there's no need for the shorter shifter.
Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.52.26.png
That would explain why the 2wd Cactus Grey Lariat video taken at a dealership had the bigger shifter. I just assumed since it was pre-production there might be some small differences from the retail units.